Spare Tire/Rim For '73 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdM

Reaction score
Between the Texas Hill Country and North Idaho
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code, a 427 Dart based Windsor, Pro Flo 4, Tremec 5 speed, A/C, 12.7:1 steering conversion, SoT coil over and Dakota Digital dash.
One of the items missing from my Q Code car is the spare assembly. Any idea what and where to buy. I have done some searching with little luck. It currently runs 15" 500's.

EdM,

Here is the Ford Master Parts Catalog entry for the Spare Space Saver Tire for 1971 and 1972. This will provide a research point to see what was available and how they were marked. I will have to retrieve the 1973 listing later this evening, not unless a forum member can provide the information sooner. Maybe someone here on the forum might have a lead for you.

fuw7kl.jpg

mustang7173 :D

One of the items missing from my Q Code car is the spare assembly. Any idea what and where to buy. I have done some searching with little luck. It currently runs 15" 500's.
::welcome::I have the 500 magnums - 15s on mine but never read per 15s spares on 71-2s anyways but i grabbed a goodrich like mine on the car but a space saver 14 inch as the highperformances in those years. A very rare item as not reproduced since then. An unused in good shape cost me 500. Purely for show as well the installation sticker on the inner side of the trunk lid. E bay is still best bet but sometimes get lucky w/referrals from Ohio Mustang-obsolete parts to swap shows. Mikke

ps a newer source in NE FL - Mustang Masters.com got me some real hard to find items but not going to cheap. As i vaguely recall for 73 different mag wheels but even nicer than the 500s and @ alluminum and think 73 had a full blown spare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back