1969 Mustang (Shelby)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price is outlandish! I'd rather clone it than own it!

Pardon my ignorance or stupidity (probably both), but this car is so much like the '71/'73 Verts to me with looks and styling in so many ways.

No doubt about it, she's a beautiful looking car for sure. The money's way too rich for my blood though. If you owned the car, you'd be too scared to drive it around.

Greg.:)

They are really good looking cars. 69/70 Shelby employed a much greater use of fiberglass body panels to greatly alter the overall lines of the car. The front fenders and hood are fiberglass and I believe parts of the trunk assembly are as well. They do really resemble the 71/73's. I wonder which design actually came first?

It is well known that Bunkie Knudsen liked the looks of the 69 Shelbys, and instructed the designers to incorporate much of the look into the upcoming 71s

It is well known that Bunkie Knudsen liked the looks of the 69 Shelbys, and instructed the designers to incorporate much of the look into the upcoming 71s
I parked my 71 next to a 69 Shelby at a car show once and it's apparent the 71 was designed to look more like the 69 Shelby than the 70 Fastback.

Wow, nice car! I noticed that I could finance and my payments would only be $3139 per month. Dang, that is more than I make in a month. Guess I will have to put the wife and kids to work!!!

Back