Myself and car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalfan302

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
Good evening every one, my name is Keith. I am an active duty soldier in the army. I have been in to mustangs since 11th grade. I am currently restoring a 1971 Mustang Fastback. It is powered by the G code 302 with a 4 speed toploader. 9in rear end with 3.00 gears. This project is a bonding experiance with my son and he has been loving it. Well that is all i have to say.

81A33964-8471-4EB0-975A-07738E890308_1.jpg

making memories.. what it's all about! have fun!

Welcome, did 20 years in the Army myself as a Warrant Officer, thanks for picking up the torch and continuing the good fight. Lots of awesome people on this site with a diversity of skills, someone will be able to answer any question you may have about your car.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Thanks for your service to our country.

I like your car. A clean sportsroof (not a Mach 1 clone) is nice to see.

As for your motor, there was no G code in 71-73 Mustangs. The only 302 offered was the 2 barrel motor and it was a F code.

Not that you or a prev owner couldn't have put in another motor. But commonly 302 F code cars get changed to a 4V carb and intake.

Ray

you are correct it is an F code, my mind was else were on that one.
No problem. No matter what engine - all 71-3 Mustangs are welcome here.

There does happen to be an extremely rare 71 Boss 302 prototype car. The current owner is a member here.

Here is one of the threads about this rare Mustang:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-the-lost-1971-302-boss

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back