Lets see your Land Yachts 1950-1980

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Blue Glo Mach 1
Ok if you had or currently have a land barge I want too see it. Ford GM or Mopar full size between 1950 to 1985 there is some grace if you have something really cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not mine, but my brothers 1977 Cougar (that me in the Mach 1 towing it). Picture taken in the early 1990's.

zVroPSk.jpg

Don't know if my old Mopar qualifies for the yacht catorgory, 'cause from 1960 to 1972, the '62 model was the smallest Dodge Phoenix that they made! I owned her from 1972 to '82. Pic taken around 1978.

Buggerit! I'll bung it in anyway!:p

3.The Beast - .jpg

Greg.:p

14081960981_6e493c34f2_z.jpg

current beast 1978 Coupe, she is loaded. This car has original Kelsey Hayes wheels with the Caddy center caps, Caddy CB radio, AM FM 8 track, Leather interior and the BIG power plant I've thought of naming it Ali...Floats like a butter fly...." It is the "Phaeton" package and the color is Arizona beige She's got a whopping 63,000 miles and so far not ONE scratch. It was ordered by a man about town that built our community. He had the best of everything except a good heart. It sat for 8 years after he passed and the wife who has to be in her 90's now would only sell it to me. I've owned the car for roughly 3 years.

I cant get my pics to load but the file copy this is a little better angle with the correct wheels. the optioned car cost another 1900.00 back in the day. I've looked fairly often cant find any other pics like ours.

We would sell it immediately for a 59 to 62 and I came SO close about a year ago but the owner was a jackleg so it was a no go.

My 79 Mk-V, painted to resemble 78' Bill Blass color scheme. It was originally creme /creme...yuck!

Wonderful car if you can get past the horrific thirst for fuel.

79 Mk-V 002.jpg

My 79 Mk-V, painted to resemble 78' Bill Blass color scheme. It was originally creme /creme...yuck!
Looks reminiscent of the '77 BB scheme, Kit. Nice looker.

A camshaft, piston, and intake/carb swap can turn the 400 smoggers into the equivalent of a 2V-head Cleveland with 49 extra cubes.

Of course, one can always leave the pistons as-is and turbocharge it to compensate for the low compression ratio.

-Kurt

Or just drop a mild 460 in. Lots of low end power, decent fuel mileage (16-18...maybe).

Or just drop a mild 460 in. Lots of low end power, decent fuel mileage (16-18...maybe).
True - but there's little originality in that, and I question whether the 460 could best a well-built, turbocharged 400 for overall fuel efficiency.

-Kurt

This was my 1st car.

galaxie.jpggalaxie500.jpg

14081960981_6e493c34f2_z.jpg

current beast 1978 Coupe, she is loaded. This car has original Kelsey Hayes wheels with the Caddy center caps, Caddy CB radio, AM FM 8 track, Leather interior and the BIG power plant I've thought of naming it Ali...Floats like a butter fly...." It is the "Phaeton" package and the color is Arizona beige She's got a whopping 63,000 miles and so far not ONE scratch. It was ordered by a man about town that built our community. He had the best of everything except a good heart. It sat for 8 years after he passed and the wife who has to be in her 90's now would only sell it to me. I've owned the car for roughly 3 years.

I cant get my pics to load but the file copy this is a little better angle with the correct wheels. the optioned car cost another 1900.00 back in the day. I've looked fairly often cant find any other pics like ours.

We would sell it immediately for a 59 to 62 and I came SO close about a year ago but the owner was a jackleg so it was a no go.
Nice any interior shots. If you need to send that car in to exile down under then Iam your man. Although the postman may find it hard to lift

34y8zl4.jpg

Kurt I dig the town car nice colour combo. But I take it they are not so fun to own

My first car was a 160 Buick LeSabre.
Love it bring on the Candy paint or Winfield fade away

Wonderful car if you can get past the horrific thirst for fuel.
Nice looking car Kit

Kurt I dig the town car nice colour combo. But I take it they are not so fun to own
Not fun. Smogged 400, PITA Hydroboost brake system, lousy Motorcraft 2150 carb (I don't buy into the 2100/2150 reliability - I believe the pot metal castings swell from ethanol fuel), vinyl top to ensure rot everywhere, and the rear axle ratio and the C6 made the engine scream at 65 on the highway.

Got rid of it halfway through the top fix. Wound up on Craigslist not long ago - not a single thing done to it since.

-Kurt

Back