Cyberdyne Digital Dash

RocketFoot

Did I ever show you guys a dash pic of the 71 Mach 1? It was retro fitted with Cyberdyne gauges by the previous owner. All the work was done professionally and it looks good!

(I had the spedo in demo mode to see all the led segments!)

IMG_20110320_132206.jpg

IMG_20110320_132225.jpg

spacer.png

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that looks cool.....Haven't really been a fan of the digital dash but that looks good.

Ken

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Pretty cool. I like the use of the upper opening in the center cluster for two more gauges. What two are tucked up there? (I assume the bottom three are the same three paramaters as original?)

~Jim

The top 2 are clock and outside temp. the bottom 3 are voltmeter, oil pressure and water temp. The fuel gauge is also digital! All seem to be pretty accurate!

spacer.png

those gauges are awesome. your car's interior looks like it should be in a robocop movie or something.

Is it me or does the shifter seem a little tall? Idk I have never actually seen a 4 speed car before lol.

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-mach-1]Visit My Garage[/button]

Looks cool and nice and bright!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

That is very cool, Rocketfoot! I, too, would opt for a shorter shifter that complemented the gauge decor.

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Yeah, it does seem like the shifter is being a bit of an attention hound! LOL!! The guages are cool though I have always been a fan of LED technology The Peterbilt I drive for a living is covered with them.

I am just here to eat my lunch and screw stuff up!!!!!lollerz

I like that look. How does the speedometer work - is it connected to the regular speedometer cable or does it work off pick-up sensors on the tail shaft or something??

Each gauge has it's own electronic sensors. I believe the speedo is magnetic. I'll see for sure when I get under there to install a new tranny pan soon!

spacer.png

Yup, those look cool! I never liked digital gauges, but I only knew the Dakota ones.

These, I would put into my car anytime! ::thumb::

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Yup, those look cool! I never liked digital gauges, but I only knew the Dakota ones.

These, I would put into my car anytime! ::thumb::

I agree, to me the Dakota's look fairly bland and out of place in a classic Mustang dash - but these I could have. I'm a bit of a fan of LED technology myself, and believe it or not I wear a reproduction 70's LED wristwatch for everyday use!

Just looked on the Cyberdyne website out of curiosity but don't see any speedometers there with the led segments though. :shrug2:

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

Yes...mine are first generation gauges. Their gauges are all different now. The scary part for me is that they have a lifetime warranty but I can never get identical replacements! I have a replacement speedo now because the odometer resets sometimes but the replacement is the new style so we decided to keep the original one! I can live with a faulty odometer! LOL!

This car was a show car for Cyberdyne, so it has the original, first gen gauges in it still.

spacer.png

• 2 years later...

Did I ever show you guys a dash pic of the 71 Mach 1? It was retro fitted with Cyberdyne gauges by the previous owner. All the work was done professionally and it looks good!

Wow...these look great. Where can I get the whole set up for my '72 Convertible? Approximate cost?

Thanks!

John

JHawk

J-Hawk-1-1.jpg

JHawk's Garage

Wow...these look great. Where can I get the whole set up for my '72 Convertible? Approximate cost?

Thanks!

John

Here is the website with contact info...

http://www.cyberdynegauges.net/

spacer.png

Bummer. So everyone likes them and you can't get them? Sounds like a manufacturer ignoring the demand.

Barry - you still have some connections with the current co? Might be worth letting them know how much everyone seems to like the gauges in your car.

For a modded look I love it and that steering wheel goes good with it all too. I agree with previous posts about that shifter.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)