Cyberdyne Digital Dash

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Did I ever show you guys a dash pic of the 71 Mach 1? It was retro fitted with Cyberdyne gauges by the previous owner. All the work was done professionally and it looks good!

(I had the spedo in demo mode to see all the led segments!)

IMG_20110320_132206.jpg

IMG_20110320_132225.jpg

Now that looks cool.....Haven't really been a fan of the digital dash but that looks good.

Ken
yeah, they are older generation gauges so they have that old school digital feel! LOL...personally, I love them!

Pretty cool. I like the use of the upper opening in the center cluster for two more gauges. What two are tucked up there? (I assume the bottom three are the same three paramaters as original?)

~Jim

Pretty cool. I like the use of the upper opening in the center cluster for two more gauges. What two are tucked up there? (I assume the bottom three are the same three paramaters as original?)

~Jim
The top 2 are clock and outside temp. the bottom 3 are voltmeter, oil pressure and water temp. The fuel gauge is also digital! All seem to be pretty accurate!

those gauges are awesome. your car's interior looks like it should be in a robocop movie or something.

Is it me or does the shifter seem a little tall? Idk I have never actually seen a 4 speed car before lol.

No, it's a Lokar auto shifter kit. I don't really like it but it came with the car. I'm thinking about getting a shorter shift rod at least.

Yeah, it does seem like the shifter is being a bit of an attention hound! LOL!! The guages are cool though I have always been a fan of LED technology The Peterbilt I drive for a living is covered with them.

I like that look. How does the speedometer work - is it connected to the regular speedometer cable or does it work off pick-up sensors on the tail shaft or something??
Each gauge has it's own electronic sensors. I believe the speedo is magnetic. I'll see for sure when I get under there to install a new tranny pan soon!

Yup, those look cool! I never liked digital gauges, but I only knew the Dakota ones.

These, I would put into my car anytime! ::thumb::

Yup, those look cool! I never liked digital gauges, but I only knew the Dakota ones.

These, I would put into my car anytime! ::thumb::
I agree, to me the Dakota's look fairly bland and out of place in a classic Mustang dash - but these I could have. I'm a bit of a fan of LED technology myself, and believe it or not I wear a reproduction 70's LED wristwatch for everyday use!

Just looked on the Cyberdyne website out of curiosity but don't see any speedometers there with the led segments though. :shrug2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back