Hi From Melbourne Australia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matvex

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q Code CJ Mach 1 Fastback
Hi All,

Bought my first mustang a few weeks back. Its a project car.

its a 72 Q Code Cobra Jet Mach 1 Mustang. Bright Red w white trim.

Unfortunately the CJ motor and box are missing and the usual floor, lower quarter tail light and 1 side of the firewall rust issues.

It did come with the ram air air cleaner assembly.

I ordered the deluxe marti report and it has the 3:25 lsd diff 4sp Manual air con. and was built in dearborn.

on a learning curve so please bear with me.

1zgxooz.jpg

::welcome:: from Bundaberg Queensland. You have found the right place lots of very knowledgable people here and a fair few of us Aussies. Play nice with the Yanks or they will start to twig that we have most of their cool cars and want em back :p

Thanks Guys,

Im about an hour away from you Brett. (Macedon Ranges off the calder). wanna swap cars? :)

If there are any Aussies with a pair of guards for me that would be great. second hand repairable ones are my preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: From Brier Washington!

I'm going to be in an exchange program with a school in Melbourne either next summer or the summer after. Gimme a shout and ill come help ya out if you want!

My mustang is my first car and I've really enjoyed every part of it! You'll like it too, I'm sure.

Kole

Looks like you have your work cut out for you. How hard is it to find a good motor in OZ?

::welcome:: From Brier Washington!

I'm going to be in an exchange program with a school in Melbourne either next summer or the summer after. Gimme a shout and ill come help ya out if you want!

My mustang is my first car and I've really enjoyed every part of it! You'll like it too, I'm sure.

Kole
wow thank you all for the welcome.

sounds good kole :) she needs a fair bit of work though!

Looks like you have your work cut out for you. How hard is it to find a good motor in OZ?
I do!

its hard but not impossible to find stuff here. theres a cj motor for sale running for 1800us its out of a cougar.

but im not fussed if Its a cj or not. budget is my priority. ive got a mate who upgraded is f100 motor and the old motor was fine. prob 2 or 3 cases of beer will get the deal done. "-)

Last edited by a moderator:
no im learning from scratch.

is a 351 CJ a 4v 351? I assume the motor will have date and engine no codes to determine what model it originally came out of.

Also the marti guys have the original purchase receipt and they are sending it accross to me in the coming weeks.

Basically Yes.

Ask lots of questions no one will crucify you here what may seem a silly question. We all have to start somewhere bloke so don't be scared. There are some scary knowledgable and skilled people on here that will help you out where they can. I wasn't a ford guy or even a mustang guy (Monaros are my thing).I just liked my car and am learning heaps of cool stuff about these cars. Start a build thread where you can lay stuff out and ask the very experienced people here what to do. Most of all enjoy the experience roll with the hits your going to take along the way getting 1 of these great cars back on the road and my 1 tip to you is get yourself a bit of a resto plan and break the job down into sections.

Cheers Old Mate glad to have you aboard :D

Im a Torana guy so im completely green when it comes to Mustangs.

Ive got a hatch which i'll be putting on the market to feed into this hungry monster. :)

Is a 72 Mach 1 in this conditon worth something here in OZ? (Complete roller less motor box and front guards with Some floor, lower quarter and one side of firewall) I'd like to hope its worth 5k but i might be wrong.

How much would it set you back approx in the US to buy something like this?

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back