• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Manual tranny conversion parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible
Father /Son resto-mod project
1 year in:
351 Cleveland- modified
Maier suspension
Tremec 5 speed

Hey guys,

I have leftovers from our conversion to the 5-speed and need to get them outta the garage! I have them on CL, too, but want to offer these to 7173 members for whatever you guys think they are worth. Lemme know...

FSB Bellhousing

Spacer plate

Index plate ( new)

Throw out bearing ( new)

Throw out arm

Clutch fork

Flywheel with fresh cut - like new!

Pix- cuz I know you like 'em!

[attachment=26219]

[attachment=26220]

[attachment=26221]

[attachment=26222]

[attachment=26223]

[attachment=26224]

[attachment=26225]

Last edited by a moderator:
Kid,

I scouted CL for a while and found a guy that pulled the 5 speed tremec out of his Eleanor (he went with 3 speed auto race set up). I paid $1500 for the whole set up- from flywheel back, including shifter. I also got the clutch pedal and linkage- of course these are from a 67 so they're just conversation pieces.

I digress-

My going in cost was $1500. Since I went the cheap route and didn't put the hydraulic clutch system in, I wasn't able to use the bell housing above, so I had to buy one that would accept the Modern Driveline cable setup-another $200 w/ index plate. The flywheel above wasn't the right balance, so it was replaced. Miscellaneous this and that, new clutch, bearing, drive shaft shortened, new speedo cable, cross member, etc etc. I'm in it about $2,500. We did all the install work ourselves thanks to a friend with a lift.

While we love the 5 speed for the added economy and fun to drive factor, we're already looking towards phase 2- upgrading to a 5 or 6 speed auto unit.

Good luck with your swap- let me know if you have questions - happy to share our experiences.

Apologies to all for the lack of attention to this post. I recently had a little "repair work" done so I haven't been keeping up with this as timely as I should have.

Is that bellhousing for a toploader?
Captain,

The bellhousing was attached to a tremec 3550 when I got it- does that help?

I have no idea what they are worth, but I may be interested. What engine/transmission combination are they from?
PM Sent.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back