72 Mach 1 Toys

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren 72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
You know, owning a 72 seems to be the odd ball year. Nothing really changed from the 71 with the style. I can never find a specific model or die cast 72 Mach1. I looked to see if there was a 72 Mach 1 Hot Wheels but couldn't find anything. I'm trying to pump back money into this failing economy but can't find the toys I want..lol. Should have bought the Boss 429 for $1500. Just kidding

Keep looking but the manufacturer's do not see to care of the difference between a 71 and a 72 so they just pick 71 although they sometimes get things wrong like the bumper (Autoart) or rear bumper (Ertl) and the Sunstar one is okay but you don't see a lot of high quality 1/18 cars in toy stores. You do see 1/64 and even some 1/43 from time to time but they seem to sell out fast and once they are gone you'll have to troll Ebay or places like $5 below. I just scored a bunch of 2011 Hotwheels Mustangs tonight at Target (no 71-73's) including a sweet looking red 69 Shelby convertible.

cars 005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep looking but the manufacturer's do not see to care of the difference between a 71 and a 72 so they just pick 71 although they sometimes get things wrong like the bumper (Autoart) or rear bumper (Ertl) and the Sunstar one is okay but you don't see a lot of high quality 1/18 cars in toy stores. You do see 1/64 and even some 1/43 from time to time but they seem to sell out fast and once they are gone you'll have to troll Ebay or places like $5 below. I just scored a bunch of 2011 Hotwheels Mustangs tonight at Target (no 71-73's) including a sweet looking red 69 Shelby convertible.
Are these all Mustangs?

I have looked on ebay and target, wal mart and every store I go that sells matchbox but never see 71-73's either
check out this post:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-71-73-mustang-toy-and-memorabilia-collection-anyone?
Thanks Pretty cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have quite a substantial collection myself, But no pics though they are all in my shop in storage. We had our first child four years ago and only a two bedroom house so my car room had to go. The shop was the compromise though(30X40) it was a good compromise, enough about that "whining" I have a 71 or 72 Mach 1 that was made for proctor and gamble as a soap botlle toy that is a "funmate go car" there are several on ebay right now under (mustang proctor gamble, and more under funmate go cars) in toys and hobbies if you are interested. They are very detailed for a giveaway The first one I bought did not have the launcher but I have launchers for all of them now. As a side note I collected the whole line of them, The Mach 1 comes in red and white, there is also a cougar XR7,71 torino fastback with shaker,maverick grabber,72 montego gt and a 72 thunderbird.

Latest posts

Back