1971 Sport Fury

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Helped my buddy get his old 71 sport fury on the road...I sure could hear the disco music all the way up threw the canyon:)

It has a 1968 440 TNT with plenty of TQ..It use to have a tape deck with a mic, so you could record yourself or sing along with the tunes..Guy who sold him the car ripped it out "for good reason"...Deck sells for about 800-1000 now alone.

P8140014.JPG

P8140013.JPG

68 440 out of that tank? TORK???
hqdefault.jpg
no NOT THAT TORK....hmmmm seems there would be Satellite in its future. I love the Dodge/Plymouth style for 68 and 69. Clone ? WHO CARES... nice paint and interior, good suspension and wheels and can jerk a knot in your neck and run over nearly any car on the street...yeah!

me? I could see that power plant in a 67 or 8 Belvedere or 68 or 9 Satellite/ Coronet.

And I would sell the Mach I in an instant for that combo. But for the record when folks down play our "BIG BODY" Mustangs... mine was parked next to a Super Bee during paint and the Bee seemed TWICE as large.

But something sticks in your soul when you watch a 68 Road Runner with a 440 and 4 spd from the factory lift the frigg'n WHEELS OFF THE GROUND...when your 11 years old. I was in my uncles
man_from_uncle.jpg

Shell station when the friend of my brother got this car days before he shipped out to Viet Nam. 50 years later I can see that memory like it was yesterday aint nutt'n gonna beat it.

I knew a guy in the late seventies who worked at a small garage. He had one of those in bright yellow. He called it the "big banana".

Trust me. We begged him to stick this power plant in atleast his 1973 charger he had... http://www.440magnum.com/mopars/2004/november/images/73chargerse_1.jpg Like that but not as nice..It needed some attention and help " but hardly as much as this fury" But he gots mad love for that fury...lol..So he sold the charger and forced us to stick the 440 tnt in the fury..lol

Your friends charger is/sweet.I must be 1 of the few people that really love mopar fuselage design and fuselage C bodies just scream 70s USA like no other car of the time. At least 1 70 300 had a 426 Hemi. The black 1 I believe,and the pics of the hurst 300 just because they are super cool,would swap the stang in a heartbeat for a good 1. Last pics are of a ex local John Penfolds 66 300 that i got photos of the net of his car its got 500+ cubes mid 500hp and runs 12s all day and drives to and from the track stout bit of gear

352s047.jpg
[/img]

ak9yza.jpg
[/img]

5yg8lf.jpg
[/img]

2mn4utd.jpg
[/img]

vhxc0w.jpg
[/img]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, Peter Tork WAS in the Monkees...but you got the wrong Monkee! That picture is of Mike Nesmith.

And disco music would not be quite period-correct for that era. Disco came in the late 70s, the early 70s was more of the over-produced pop music: The Grass Roots, Ambrosia, Gallery, Player, etc...

I love that Hurst Fury...that is actually the model with the wierd spoiler/ trunklid I was describing earlier.

And disco music would not be quite period-correct for that era. Disco came in the late 70s, the early 70s was more of the over-produced pop music: The Grass Roots, Ambrosia, Gallery, Player, etc...
This car to me fits the bill perfict just cause of the color..Disco gold too me ;)

First Disco was just starting by 1971....discothèque (French for "library of phonograph records", but subsequently used as proper name for nightclubs in Pari, It's initial audiences were club-goers from the African American, Italian American, Latino, and psychedelic communities in New York City and Philadelphia during the late 1960s and early 1970s. Disco also was a reaction against both the domination of rock music and the stigmatization of dance music by the counterculture during this period. The O'Jays' "Love Train" 1972, #1 pop hit..by mid 70's ABBA was topping charts world wide.. mid 70's Donna Summers , Jive Talkin' by the Bee Gees was # 1 in the summer of 1975. KC and the Sunshine Band was getting hits by 73-75..The Trammps pushing out disco by 73...sure i mite be a couple years out, but some big disco hits by 75.

Last edited by a moderator:
there she IS...Luke the green one. 67? anyway its the one I like. but I do highly respect the Hurst 300.... just dadgum cool. I wouldn't own it...but I like it.
Yeh the green 1 is Johns 66. I almost brought a Red 66 but it wouldn't fit in the garage so I moved onto a 71 superbee that after inspection turned into a rusty pig. So ended up with my Mach 1 funny because I actually wanted a Chevelle or a cutlass

Back