Front Suspension and Steering Rebuild

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdM

Reaction score
Between the Texas Hill Country and North Idaho
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code, a 427 Dart based Windsor, Pro Flo 4, Tremec 5 speed, A/C, 12.7:1 steering conversion, SoT coil over and Dakota Digital dash.
While I have yet to see my car ('73 Q code Mach 1) I bought a couple of months ago my son has confirmed via receipt review that about everything has been rebuilt/replaced. The original owner advised that the front suspension and steering have not been touched and are well worn. Odd in that he replaced the front coils... My wife confirms loosy goosy steering. I will be home in a few weeks to see for myself but, of course, have been eyeballing what is out there. For a steering box I am looking at a Red Head quick ratio box. Pretty well settled on that actually. For the suspension kit I am not looking for any of the coil over stuff but trying to understand the real advantage of the Open Tracker stuff vs. plain old Moog. Looking for folks with experience of either and much appreciated.

I have both on my car and they are both very good parts.You might give John at opentracker a call or email and tell him what your looking for as far as handling and see what he thinks will work good.He is a good guy and won't sell you what you don't need.

Back