73 Mach 1 replacement wheesl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelsonlucero

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 Q code
Hi all,

I am almost done with the restoration of my 73 mach 1 and would appreciate some advice about wheels. Looking to go with niche venice, SVE series 2 or something similar but not sure about back spacing max size.... Any input please ???

Also, does anyone know of other manufacturers offering a similar look???

http://s8.tinypic.com/245d5is_th.jpg

Many thanks!!!

Are you talking 14, 15, 16 , 17 or 18 inch wheels. I think fitment changes with size. For example, I have Eleanor look alikes and the fronts are 17x8 with 4.5 cm back spacing and the rears are 17x9.5 with 10.5 CM backspacing. Nothing rubs and they look right to me. Here is what they look like on the car. I should have bought 275/45/17 rear and 245/45/17 front. My tires are 225 and 245 with 40 aspect ratio. too small. Car is being dropped 1.5 in the front and same in the rear to flatten it out. I have seen 18's on rears here but here they can rub on front. I believe you may be able to go larger in front and rear but you will have to find someone that has done it, it is not me.

car wheels.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Are you talking 14, 15, 16 , 17 or 18 inch wheels. I think fitment changes with size. For example, I have Eleanor look alikes and the fronts are 17x8 with 4.5 cm back spacing and the rears are 17x9.5 with 10.5 CM backspacing. Nothing rubs and they look right to me. Here is what they look like on the car. I should have bought 275/45/17 rear and 245/45/17 front. My tires are 225 and 245 with 40 aspect ratio. too small. Car is being dropped 1.5 in the front and same in the rear to flatten it out. I have seen 18's on rears here but here they can rub on front. I believe you may be able to go larger in front and rear but you will have to find someone that has done it, it is not me.
Here is what I'm hoping for ...18x9 in front and 19x10 in rear.

Bach spacing I these rims is between 5.95" and 6.29" inches and not sure they will fit...

Stick with the 18's all around I have very similar wheels to what your looking at (not made any more) 285/35/18 rears on 9.5" wide.. 245/40/18 fronts on 8.5" wide depending on suspension you run and back spacing you may need spacers & if your running a stock location sway bar it will need to be shortened modified. Mine have the same specs back spacing as 04 mustang I have non stock suspension & I'm running 1" spacers in the rear 1/2" in the front. See what they look like here (post#90)http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-green-72-fastback-former-429-460?page=9

Hi all,

I am almost done with the restoration of my 73 mach 1 and would appreciate some advice about wheels. Looking to go with niche venice, SVE series 2 or something similar but not sure about back spacing max size.... Any input please ???

Many thanks!!!
either way with wider and higher profiles the magnum 500s as new in mustang one catalog co in georgia -hope you have power steering and then a little further rechroming to get rid of the black insert trim to make the wheels look as exotic as the like 74 Pantera De Tomaso that Ford Lincoln Mecury collaborated with italian exotic sports carbody stylist 'GIA' if you want an all around impressive cosmetic modification instead of just tacking on modded rims and then research an ultra exotic car rear 'wing'(s) from the latter into the 80s models of the De Tomaso Panteras and their upgraded styles to the more extremes on the lambos and maseratis as such! Them why not put an intercooled bi turbo and oil cooler to a gear vendors overdrive for extremely high speed cruising of course upwards and over 150 mph for racing on the ventura hiway s yearly race to the tracks! Make it look handle and feel like even the new mustangs never seen before. I am only looking at the entire rechrome of my magnums w/out the black inserts then the 69 5 ported hood and rear duck tail myself.

Hi all,

Many thanks!!!
either way with wider and higher profiles the magnum 500s as new in mustang one catalog co in georgia -hope you have power steering and then a little further rechroming to get rid of the black insert trim to make the wheels look as exotic as the like 74 Pantera De Tomaso that Ford Lincoln Mecury collaborated with italian exotic sports carbody stylist 'GIA' if you want an all around impressive cosmetic modification instead of just tacking on modded rims and then research an ultra exotic car rear 'wing'(s) from the latter into the 80s models of the De Tomaso Panteras and their upgraded styles to the more extremes on the lambos and maseratis as such! Them why not put an intercooled bi turbo and oil cooler to a gear vendors overdrive for extremely high speed cruising of course upwards and over 150 mph for racing on the ventura hiway s yearly race to the tracks! Make it look handle and feel like even the new mustangs never seen before. I am only looking at the entire rechrome of my magnums w/out the black inserts then the 69 5 ported hood and rear duck tail myself. And maybe a fabricated roll bar as the 69 convertible shelby gt350/500s had on my convertible

Last edited by a moderator:
The DeTomaso Pantera was not designed by Ghia, or any other italian car designer. Believe it or not that beautiful and elegantly simple yet sensuous design was by none other than Tom Tjaarda, an in-house american Ford designer.

To me, the original Pantera is so strikingly gorgeous that it nearly makes up for what a terribly engineered and flawed car that it is.

I once heard someone make this statement about an unbelievably great-looking girl: "No matter how good-looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit".

To me, the Pantera is exactly that girl.

Nelsonlucero - Welcome to the site. Looks like you are getting some great info about your wheels.

Good luck in your search.

Ray

The DeTomaso Pantera was not designed by Ghia, or any other italian car designer. Believe it or not that beautiful and elegantly simple yet sensuous design was by none other than Tom Tjaarda, an in-house american Ford designer.

To me, the original Pantera is so strikingly gorgeous that it nearly makes up for what a terribly engineered and flawed car that it is.

I once heard someone make this statement about an unbelievably great-looking girl: "No matter how good-looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit".

To me, the Pantera is exactly that girl.
+1 nearly... :)

Ray

Back