Austin Vert & 4V Forever Meet 'n Greet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi To All,

We agreed to meet up on Sunday which was a wonderful sunny Queensland day with a lovely day temp of 75 degrees. Our destination was to go to Lake Moogerah which is around 62 miles from Brisbane,the capital city of Queensland State where i live. This lake is one of the few lakes that supplies water to the city of Brisbane. The word Moogerah is a native word that means place of thunder storms.

Jason and i had a really great day, taking in the breathtaking scenery, and madly talking about our cars and life in general. I ripped a few photos off of the day to give you the feel of the place.(my car is on the right side of the pics) We enjoyed a great lunch at the lake cafe and took in the great views. After visiting the lake, we drove back to Jason's house down the track, except i drove his car back and he drove mine. That was a lot of fun as well, comparing our two cars. All in all, a great day was had. We got plenty of waves and thumbs up along the way, as seeing the two cars together getting around has an impact on the optic nerves.:p One gent insisted on doing a 15 minute photo shoot of our cars when we were parked at the lake area carpark.He and his wife were really knocked out! The Gold dust twins ride again!:p:p:p

Yeah, we did have a great day catching up in the Muzzies!:):)

Greg.:)

MoogerahAirial.jpgOverview of the lake with the dam in the forground.

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG005.JPG007.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Too good you blokes. Thanks for the pics never been there but its on my list now.
Thanks Luke. Yeah, it's a top spot to visit if you're down this way.

IT'S an ISLAND....how hard could it be????

lollerz

Awesome pics, Greg! ::thumb::

Looks like a beautiful place to meet up, sit back, chill, and just shoot the breeze... especially with a couple of bad-ass rides to admire. ::beer::

Yes indeed it was good to catch up again Greg and what fantastic weather we had to make day a great one. It was amazing how many people gave us thumbs up and waves on the way there (considering it's only a 10 min drive from home) and when we arrived all the people staring and pointing at our cars. I think seeing one of these cars is something, but seeing two near identical, well that's something else. As for that guy who took all those pics, well I think he got every square inch of both cars. Lunch was really great, but I wasn't expecting that burger to be that big though and that's why I couldn't eat it all. It was a great day for just relaxing and talking cars and about life in general and it's such a great place to do next to nothing. It really is great part and picturesque part of the world, and there's not too many other places I'd rather live, that's why we've been out this area for twenty years and have no interest in going anywhere else. It was interesting driving and comparing each other's cars and how each felt on the road, like I said to you Greg I couldn't believe how thin the steering wheel was compared to mine, as it's factory leather wrapped. It was a really good day all up and was great to catch up with you again and as I said when you were leaving, we'll catch up again in the near future.[/b]

Yes indeed it was good to catch up again Greg and what fantastic weather we had to make day a great one. It was amazing how many people gave us thumbs up and waves on the way there (considering it's only a 10 min drive from home) and when we arrived all the people staring and pointing at our cars. I think seeing one of these cars is something, but seeing two near identical, well that's something else. As for that guy who took all those pics, well I think he got every square inch of both cars. Lunch was really great, but I wasn't expecting that burger to be that big though and that's why I couldn't eat it all. It was a great day for just relaxing and talking cars and about life in general and it's such a great place to do next to nothing. It really is great part and picturesque part of the world, and there's not too many other places I'd rather live, that's why we've been out this area for twenty years and have no interest in going anywhere else. It was interesting driving and comparing each other's cars and how each felt on the road, like I said to you Greg I couldn't believe how thin the steering wheel was compared to mine, as it's factory leather wrapped. It was a really good day all up and was great to catch up with you again and as I said when you were leaving, we'll catch up again in the near future.[/b]
Good on you Jason! I think we both had a great day for sure!:) Yes, it's interesting how fast you get used to your own car.

Thanks Eric. Yeah, it's a lovely spot out in the country around that neck of the woods. Top value R&R you might say!:)

Thanks also Mike. Having the two cars together, and looking so much alike, has a big show effect on the public we noticed.:)

..............and Dana, well what can i say.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Could you tell your cars apart?

:)

Here in Luxembourg something big is about to happen. News at eleven.

Back