wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys one more time, as most of you know with my brake conversion kit I cant run stock 15 in wheels. So what do you think of these. Rears will be 18x9.5 fronts 17x7 or 17x8, and by the way I put a set on it with the billet/polished lip and black center, and with my paint it just looked bad.

101_2737.JPG

Ok guys one more time, as most of you know with my brake conversion kit I cant run stock 15 in wheels. So what do you think of these. Rears will be 18x9.5 fronts 17x7 or 17x8, and by the way I put a set on it with the billet/polished lip and black center, and with my paint it just looked bad.
Agreed the black doesn't cut it..& it's played out, everybody & their daddy has the black centers...I LIKE THOSE A LOT !!! I not sure why you want to do the 17 in the front though ? If you think about it ..the 18 is only a 1/2" larger (1" divided by 2 --around the circumference of the rim) If you do the 17 in the front be careful with tire size... too small & it's not gonna look right..too big it also isn't gonna look right...in other words it's gonna be tricky to get the right proportions back to front. So when are they coming ?

Agreed the black doesn't cut it..& it's played out, everybody & their daddy has the black centers...I LIKE THOSE A LOT !!! I not sure why you want to do the 17 in the front though ? If you think about it ..the 18 is only a 1/2" larger (1" divided by 2 --around the circumference of the rim) If you do the 17 in the front be careful with tire size... too small & it's not gonna look right..too big it also isn't gonna look right...in other words it's gonna be tricky to get the right proportions back to front. So when are they coming ?
not been ordered yet, I have a picyure somewhere with 18, and 17's let me see if I can find it

OK I found it

WHEELS & TIRES

Wheels: Budnik Fontana 17x8, front; Budnik Fontana 18x9.5, rear

Tires: Nitto NT 555 245/45ZR17, front; Nitto NT 555 275/40ZR18, rear

0704phr_03_z+1971_ford_boss_351_mustang+front_view.jpg

0704phr_11_z+1971_ford_boss_mustang+.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah a little bling, looks good my friend.... what happened to the 22" wires???
17s,18s,22s... I say go all out and get 24s all around! That would be a one of a kind look...must be a deep layer of chrome tho.

Yeah a little bling, looks good my friend.... what happened to the 22" wires???
17s,18s,22s... I say go all out and get 24s all around! That would be a one of a kind look...must be a deep layer of chrome tho.
I once found a pic of one with 24s on it, it looked ridiculous, I will see if I can find it. lol.

I plan on going 18s rear and 17s front also.

Hi Roy.

Nice choice on wheels!

Now for that size up front: I have 18s all around, but I would change to 17 for the front wheels if I were to buy new ones.

Reason is, the front wheel wells are smaller than those at the rear. This makes the front wheels look bigger than the rear ones, although they are the same size. The smaller the sidewall of the tires, the bigger the effect.

Well pulled the trigger today and bought these wheels and tires.

Front- 17x8 with 4.5 backspacing

245/45r17's

Rear- 18x9.5 with 5.5 backspacing

275/40zr18's
I am very eager to see how well they fit on the car. I'm writing down these numbers so I can order some Magnum 500's in the same sizes.

new rims are nice,but always been a big fan of the dog dish wheels.some how that just looks cool in our cars.50s also look good.to much flashy crome on our cars just dont go with the year.but that is just a opinion,what ever catches your eye,go for it.staggered size always looks god on a mustand,whatever year

those tires will fit, i got the same rear tires just in 17's.

with the 245/45/17 up front, you might run into a tire rubbing when turning hard left if you lower the front end 1 inch or so.

Roy

I think those rims are going to look great...I like the 17" and 18" combo....22 inchers? I thought for sure you had said 24" spinner rims was what you were looking for ! rofl

Back