Need help with Sale price

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanCampbell

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Hardtop
Hi,

I have to sell my 1973 Coupe, I have no idea what to ask for it.

I was hoping I could get some thoughts of an asking price.

1973 Coupe, under 60K miles (With a title search showing the millage)

351C 2V / C6

No rust that I can find

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2508.JPG

The mileage will not mean much. If it was less than 30K or some really low number, than that brings added value. The real adder is the no rust. Watching many auctions and CL ads it seems more and more people are asking upwards of $25k to $40k for these cars. Does the A/C still work? All the electrical works well? Drives smooth? Nothing like having a prospective buyer come by and you reach in and crank the car and it fires right up! Tires over half the tread still available and they look soft (not dry and cracked)?

It is about presentation and then if the car is rust free, do not be shy about having a buyer crawl under the car and delve into the trunk and under the carpet! Do not feel obligated to sell cheap, but do not be offended if someone offers you cheap. Afterall, buyers want to buy low and sellers want to sell high, negotiate. Enjoy.

Edit: Just to clarify, I think you could get $8k to $10k if the car is in great shape. I was only mentioning how the asking price is sometimes astronomical because the owner thinks low mileage is 66,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks pretty clean to me. And no rust?

With a good detail job you could get as much as 10k judging from the description you gave.

It really just depends on where and how you choose to sell.

Also, cars with very detailed and thorough descriptions with lots of pics are more likely to get a higher price as the buyer is less concerned about getting any surprises.

Good luck!

Thanks Guys, this is exactly what I was looking for, I just had no real idea what to ask.

LOL,

Well, the antenna is in the trunk, I took it off to put a cover on it.

The scoop is ugly, I don't know why someone stuck that thing on there.

Back