With the increased sale price of my car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
I want to get the hp from 450 to as close to 6 as possible. I think these will make a nice add before the sale.

http://www.ausfordparts.com/afd4v.html

I'm waiting on some acknowledgement of their claim of horsepower increase before I pull the trigger. Anyone else have Aussie's? Once the custom interior is finished the price goes to 23,000.00

I don't think their claim is you will 'get' 680+ their claim is their heads can flow enough to support 680+. Still seems like a lot. You would need to be stroked, built to rev and cammed in a way that wouldn't be comfortable for a street car.

I have these heads on my car and love them. Also Roy (tnfastbck) has them on his car. After talking with Roy and how much he liked them I pulled the trigger on them too.

Wille is correct though, you would definitely want to have these on a stroker motor to get the full potential out of them. And at their full potential they are not very street friendly. I ended up de-tuning mine to make it more street friendly and I am still in the 550-575HP range according to the engine builder. I went with a little bit smaller hydraulic roller cam than I could have and also dropped the compression down to run on pump gas. In full blown race trim, (big solid roller cam, higher compression, race fuel), the engine builder said it would easily be a 700HP motor. But that's a little crazy for something I take my kids to get icecream in on Sundays. :D

Overall the heads are very nice. High quality, and you get what you pay for. I liked them because I still have a lot left in the motor if I ever wanted to go crazy with it. But if you keep the 351 CI your not going to get nearly as much gain as you think. Here's a link to my build...... http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-408-build-its-alive

and a couple pics of the heads as they arrived.

2urvzg0.jpg

2iik2s4.jpg

head3.jpg

And they sure are PRETTY when they are on!!!! :cool:

motor1.png

mm1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to get the hp from 450 to as close to 6 as possible. I think these will make a nice add before the sale.

http://www.ausfordparts.com/afd4v.html

I'm waiting on some acknowledgement of their claim of horsepower increase before I pull the trigger. Anyone else have Aussie's? Once the custom interior is finished the price goes to 23,000.00
Dan Herberth or called pig vicous racing is on facebook w/the 408 aussie set up that is over 600 hp on his 73 do not know what he is called on this web. Also newbie re: DK73 has aussie set up.

You need the heads because the rest of us want them and don't have the jack for them laying around.

Not bad parts but I will go against the grain and say good old iron 4Vs will get the job done. The reason a lot of us here in Aus go alloy is because by the time we rebuilt the heads its near the same dollars as alloy heads so must people plug for new ally's. Of cause you guys now its combination of parts that count not just buying what looks or sounds cool.

Not bad parts but I will go against the grain and say good old iron 4Vs will get the job done. The reason a lot of us here in Aus go alloy is because by the time we rebuilt the heads its near the same dollars as alloy heads so must people plug for new ally's. Of cause you guys now its combination of parts that count not just buying what looks or sounds cool.

lollerz what was it that Eddie Murphy said? "white guys will do anything for a beer".... well throw in the car environment and if it sounds cool...we'll buy it. LOL. I'm not 100% on these but I LIKE the idea and it is a huge selling factor to part of the market. If the right guy wants horse power and can get a rust free hot rod vs a stock version he can probably buy my car cheaper than the stock unit after all is said and done.

As it sits my car is pretty dang fast and has proven itself against a nice 454 Chevelle successfully. I can say with some confidence my car is faster than MOST Mach I's!!!!

Ha....yup....shiny shiny. I'm pretty sure my car was priced under the market based on other cars I see and I assure you I SEE most of them. I'm looking at competitive cars DAILY. So if its for sale I can almost tell you what state it is in.

I set my price low for a quick turn around to produce the funds to buy the car I'm after. I really didn't want to dip into the checking account for a toy. The owner of the car I'm after is also not in a big hurry but he may not want to wait forever. So I've switched gears and the car goes to the shop for the new interior and whaaaaaLA the price jumps!

The heads are "next step" after the interior. The opportunity for a "good deal" for somebody is near over.

Back