Oddly optioned 4-speed Mach 1 just purchased last night Good score for me.

This car to start explaining has a 94 D.S.O. (export) It is an M-code 4-speed Code 9 (3.25 open) rear. pewter w/stripes. No ram air (have build sheet) No A/C, No power brakes, does have power steering, power windows, console, tach and gauges, tilt wheel, rim blow, deluxe interior, convenience group, deluxe belts w/warning light, fold down, Am radio, and lastly factory Magnum 500's w/ one center cap still on it.

It has been sitting here in Ut. since 2000 but sat in Colo. for who knows how long before that. I have a Iowa title from 1989 then a Colo. registration from 1993.

I also have more original paperwork the owners maual,operating features,warranty facts booklet, and a paper from ford talking about the 90 day break in coverage with the data plate and dealer code (72H407) info on it and best of all the original purchasers name and date! 8/11/71 I will try to post some pics.

Awesome Find! The engine looks pretty original in the photos... I have a 71 M code that I'm restoring.. can you tell me about the manifold heat riser on your car ( if its still there )... is it short or long? trying to research which is correct for M code 4v 351

Thanks!

Doug in Indy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it does not have a heat shield it has been rebuilt I have a motor that was original that I believe had a heat shield I will look at it and let you know.

I am just here to eat my lunch and screw stuff up!!!!!lollerz

Actually it does not have a heat shield it has been rebuilt I have a motor that was original that I believe had a heat shield I will look at it and let you know.

Thanks 71 RAMAIR! That would be greatly appreciated! btw, did you mention you might have heat shield for sale? $40? I would b definitely interested if you do.

Thanks!

Doug In Indy

927ef0809601ff4eef5808c36f37db01.jpg5ed201a42acf252825d53ae324d0c38c.jpgthis is the one off of an original 71 motor that has a cougar VIN stamped on it. PM me and we will trade info on how to get it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

927ef0809601ff4eef5808c36f37db01.jpg5ed201a42acf252825d53ae324d0c38c.jpgthis is the one off of an original 71 motor that has a cougar VIN stamped on it. PM me and we will trade info on how to get it to you.

THANKS!!

Dhvidston your PM is disabled. It won't let me reply.

THANKS!!

Dhvidston your PM is disabled. It won't let me reply.

Sorry.. not sure what's up with PM... I've emailed you with a reply..

hope that works. please feel free to email back at dhvidston@sbcglobal.net

Thanks 71 Ramair!

Thanks for taking time to send photos

Really appreciated!

Your car looks similar to mine. I like it! You need to go into your edit options and check the receive PM from other members box. Then we can talk or you can send me another email I didn't get the last one.

Thx Tom

Really appreciated!

Your car looks similar to mine. I like it! You need to go into your edit options and check the receive PM from other members box. Then we can talk or you can send me another email I didn't get the last one.

Thx Tom

OK. Thanks Tom.. yeah.. they do look like lost twins :P

Really appreciated!

Thx Tom

Alright.. hopefully on the same page now.. I've updated my PM

Really appreciated!

Thx Tom

Thx Tom

Alright.. hopefully on the same page now.. I've updated my PM

Wish mine had a stick.. I guess I'll settle for the automatic with competition suspension ... no AC or other goodies other than deluxe interior and gauges

What a awesome find!!

Very excited to bring this one back to life! Engine fired right up!

with the Vermillion interior, dog dish caps, no spoilers and needing

a serious paint job... my brother and I decided to turn it into a

Diamonds Are Forever 007 tribute car... I can hear that Bond bass guitar twang every time I open the garage! :P

We were able to find a new set of Uniroyal Tiger Paw White Walls that will look great on a Bond car.

The rest of my buddies are scratching their heads.. WW's on a Mach1? Trust me they will look great!

Tom, are you changing to a vermillion interior? Looks like you are making progress with it.

No I was just mentioning that ours look very similar in their current state of body work. It will have black like it's supposed to. My wife likes the pewter so it probably will be all correct when I get to do it.

What a awesome find!!

Very excited to bring this one back to life! Engine fired right up!

with the Vermillion interior, dog dish caps, no spoilers and needing

a serious paint job... my brother and I decided to turn it into a

Diamonds Are Forever 007 tribute car... I can hear that Bond bass guitar twang every time I open the garage! :P

We were able to find a new set of Uniroyal Tiger Paw White Walls that will look great on a Bond car.

The rest of my buddies are scratching their heads.. WW's on a Mach1? Trust me they will look great!

That will be cool! I like to be different too!!