Hello

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennis73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang
Hi everyone :D,

I recently joined after buying a 73 coupe. It is setup for drag racing but i am more of a cruiser so I replaced carb with Holly 600 cfm and new distributor, doing some interior upgrades as well. I have peeked on this forum as a guest and appreciate the help and inspiration. Will try to contribute as i can with my limited newbie experience.

One problem has popped up... i am removing the old car alarm that was installed, no diagram or info on the maker, nothing on line. As i pull one wire at a time I found the electric fuel pump is wired through a series of fuses in a box under the hood then to the alarm relay.of course if disconnect this the fuel pump gets no power.

Any one else deat with this and have any suggestions??

thanks,

dennis73

Welcome to the club, Dennis. Glad to have you here! Post up some pics when you get a chance so we can see what you've got there.

Sorry I can't help with the alarm problem, but someone might be along shortly to lend a hand, or post a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Welcome from TriCities WA. As for the fuel pump I would run the pwr through the alarm relay to get 12v when energized. You can use switched pwr to energize the relay when the car is turned on. This way you use minimal parts so no cost involved except your time to wire it up.

Welcome from Ontario Canada. I try to stay away any car related electrical but I'm sure if you can post a picture of the how it's routed through the fuse box someone should be able to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Utah!

The pump and conductor will need fuse protection when all sorted out. Fuse it as near the battery as possible to provide the most protection. The relay could have be wired to kill the pump on relay energizing, or it could have been wired to kill the pump when the relay is deenergized. A picture of the relay and the alarm should reveal some clues.

Hi everyone :D,

I recently joined after buying a 73 coupe. It is setup for drag racing but i am more of a cruiser so I replaced carb with Holly 600 cfm and new distributor, doing some interior upgrades as well. I have peeked on this forum as a guest and appreciate the help and inspiration. Will try to contribute as i can with my limited newbie experience.

One problem has popped up... i am removing the old car alarm that was installed, no diagram or info on the maker, nothing on line. As i pull one wire at a time I found the electric fuel pump is wired through a series of fuses in a box under the hood then to the alarm relay.of course if disconnect this the fuel pump gets no power.

Any one else deat with this and have any suggestions??

thanks,

dennis73

Thank you all for the welcomes and the wiring advice! I appreciate your help and time,

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back