Spare Tire/Rim For '73 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdM

Reaction score
Between the Texas Hill Country and North Idaho
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code, a 427 Dart based Windsor, Pro Flo 4, Tremec 5 speed, A/C, 12.7:1 steering conversion, SoT coil over and Dakota Digital dash.
My recently purchased car is without spare. It orginally came with a space-saver spare and E70x14 wheels/tires. It now wears 15x7 Magnum 500's. I tried Don and he could not help but suggested perhaps a spare from a newer car. Has anyone done this? If so, what will work? Appreciated.

I'm using one of the original front cragars that was on mine when I bought it. Was surprised to see how easy it fit in the trunk. 14" Wheel with a 24" tall tire

M4.JPG

Weld2.JPG

Trunk4.JPG

save trunk space. use a donut spare from any 90s on up crown Vic or grand marquis. They Bolt right up and saves space. Readily available from any salvage yard.

save trunk space. use a donut spare from any 90s on up crown Vic or grand marquis. They Bolt right up and saves space. Readily available from any salvage yard.
Bingo. Exactly what I was hoping for. Appreciated.

Thanks. I've been searching for one that will fit..

Back