New Daily Driver

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
Thought I would share my new daily driver. Picked her up off the showroom floor last Wed. It's a 2014 Chevy :angel: SS sports sedan with a 415hp LS3 under the hood. I can't express to you how much fun this car is to drive! Of course it's not really a Chevy but a Holden Commodore. In fact I have the Holden emblems and center caps on order already. Besides the front Brembo's and throaty exhaust this thing is a sleeper all the way. Most people have no clue what it is.

fvfhbs.jpg

-Like a 4 door Camaro with the base level Vette engine. They are supposed to limit the production to about 4000 per year.

And it is supposed to be phased out by '17. Interesting. Try and take it to an open track event near you. I bet you'd have a blast. The real wheel drive and the torque/power would be fun with the 6 speed trans.

Stay aware of those specialty speed rated, summer tread Bridgestone tires in the winter snow and ice...

Still sounds like a fun family car/driver.

Ray

-Like a 4 door Camaro with the base level Vette engine. They are supposed to limit the production to about 4000 per year.

And it is supposed to be phased out by '17. Interesting. Try and take it to an open track event near you. I bet you'd have a blast. The real wheel drive and the torque/power would be fun with the 6 speed trans.

Stay aware of those specialty speed rated, summer tread Bridgestone tires in the winter snow and ice...

Still sounds like a fun family car/driver.

Ray
Thanks! Yep, this one is #2694 of 3502. Need to look into Virginia International Raceway or Virginia Motorsports Park for drag. After watching some vids of other guys taking it out I've got that itch. :D

I actually got the dealership to throw in a set of Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S tires since winter is coming. Would say I wouldn't have to worry about too much snow around here but if this winter is like last winter I may have her sitting in the garage some.

It'll be interesting to see what they do past 2016. The 2015 is going to have the MAG ride and a six speed manual. But they haven't even announced a price for the 2015's yet. GM isn't trying to sell a lot of them for some reason. IMO it's the best car in their lineup.

Looking for a low mileage Pontiac g8 gt for the same reason. They hold value really well. an 09 still goes for about 20K. I will have one soon. I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is certainly low and a GXP is usually even more pricey depending on how proud the owner is. Do you know what kind of price range it was in? I just turned my Regal turbo lease in today and my Mustang is supposed to be my daily driver. Hope it is finished Monday.

Well done mate,They are huge bank for buck smile machines and as you say very much the sleeper. Pro charger or vortex supercharges wake those things up big time 380-390Kw no probs.

what are the worth in the states if you don't mind saying

That is certainly low and a GXP is usually even more pricey depending on how proud the owner is. Do you know what kind of price range it was in? I just turned my Regal turbo lease in today and my Mustang is supposed to be my daily driver. Hope it is finished Monday.
I think it said in the post somewhere he was trying to get $38k for it. While it looks brand new that still seems pretty high. I think that blue was the rarest color for that year too though.

Well done mate,They are huge bank for buck smile machines and as you say very much the sleeper. Pro charger or vortex supercharges wake those things up big time 380-390Kw no probs.

what are the worth in the states if you don't mind saying
The SSV doesn't have the same engine from my understanding. They have a 6L 362hp (270kw) v8 while the SS state-side has the 6.2L LS3. Wonder why they just don't standardize the engines. I would think you guys would love the LS3 in Oz. In the states they're going for $44,000 as an average price before tax, title, and tags. Very much a bang for your buck to own a 4 door Camaro SS. Though now that you can get a Hellcat in the $60k range Chevy will need to up it's game if they plan to keep the SS over here. They should add the LT1 to the car as an option for 2016.

Congrats Man you got yourself Beemer M5 proformance for beer money.

However Bloke you have just demonstated whats wrong with the Aussie local car industry. We pay 57 grand for a 6l SSV, for the car with the same spec engine as yours Low 60s. Yet they can ship them across the ocean make a profit and still be 20 thou cheaper. I have a 2010 sportwagon it goes in november and I buy a new car, was going to get another SS wagon but will buy a Chrysler 300 srt 8 core its a few grand less than the SSV with more power. Aussies are pretty sick of being arse raped by Holden and Ford

Congrats Man you got yourself Beemer M5 proformance for beer money.

However Bloke you have just demonstated whats wrong with the Aussie local car industry. We pay 57 grand for a 6l SSV, for the car with the same spec engine as yours Low 60s. Yet they can ship them across the ocean make a profit and still be 20 thou cheaper. I have a 2010 sportwagon it goes in november and I buy a new car, was going to get another SS wagon but will buy a Chrysler 300 srt 8 core its a few grand less than the SSV with more power. Aussies are pretty sick of being arse raped by Holden and Ford
I was shocked how much they were asking for the GTS. Supercharged LTA aside the price jump is crazy over there. And now it looks like they're producing the Maloo ute which looks awesome as well. The FPV Falcon GT is in line with how much a BOSS Mustang cost over here. And doesn't it have most of the features the BOSS had? But again, you're paying a pretty penny for it I'm sure. Can you guys buy stuff like the Caddy CTS-V in OZ? I bought the SS specifically because it was cheap considering all the bells and whistles that come along with it. For something comparable I would have to buy an M or AMG. Now you're talking price increase. Wonder how much the price tag for a new Mustang is going to be there.

I tested the 2014 Charger SRT and the SS is 10 times the car. The 300 is on the same chassis and it looks great inside but it feels very heavy in comparison.

Caddy Cts v would be a private import here awesome car. FPV GT would go about 77 grand near enough It's got a 5.0-litre V8 with a harrop supercharger strapped to it, delivering about 335kW and 570Nm of torque. maximum torque is available from 2200 to 5500 rpm not sure how close this is to a boss has in the States pretty sweet numbers except to price.

The rumour is that 2015 Mustangs will start at about 50 thousand bucks I really wanted 1 but once I heard that deals off. I will test drive a Srt in a few weeks so I will compare it to a new SS. Did think of buying a used R8 or Statesman to replace my wagon as there are a few good low mile deals around at the moment. I have really enjoyed the wagon in the 4 years I have had it they run hard and in wagon form are very stealthy

The Maloo GTS is killer (430kW and 740Nm), bigger brakes and grippier tyres but it is somewhere between 85-100 thousand and all 1000 are sold out here

iz9gzq.jpg
[/img]

image.jpg

Back