my 1972 mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I would like to know, what is meant by Mach 1 sports interior. Does that refer simply to Mach 1 styled seats with "comfortwave" inserts??

I believe deluxe interior came with door panels (with wood inserts), the plastic trim on dash with chrome lip (driver and passenger), deluxe seat covers.... probably missing other stuff..

A little confused.

thx[/font]

Sweet car...nicely optioned. Interesting that it took a car this well optioned 7 months to sell.

How about some pics.
On the time it took to sell. When I ordered my 73 Mach 1 the dealer required me to put extra cash down before they would order. They said, " we will never be able to sell that car with that many options if you don't take it, too expensive", $5,203.92 paid $4,803.95. It has 32 factory installed options. Usually back then 6 or 7 was all you would see. The dealer thought I was crazy for ordering it.

Hi,

I would like to know, what is meant by Mach 1 sports interior. Does that refer simply to Mach 1 styled seats with "comfortwave" inserts??

I believe deluxe interior came with door panels (with wood inserts), the plastic trim on dash with chrome lip (driver and passenger), deluxe seat covers.... probably missing other stuff..

A little confused.

thx[/font]

The Mach1 Sports Interior option included some nice interior items. In 72 it included knitted vinyl high back bucket seats with accent stripes, tachometer, trip odometer, auxiliary instrument cluster (center instrument panel oil, amp, temp gauges), bright trim on pedal pads, molded door trim panels with wood grain inserts, color keyed vinyl carpet inserts, black camera case finish with chrome accents on left, right and center instrument panel trim bezels with wood grain on the center piece, and a rear seat ash tray.

The only difference in 71 is that the option included a clock in the left instrument cluster pod. (Clock only standard on Grandé) You had to order the instrumentation group option to get the tachometer, which was standard only on the Boss 351.

Hi,

A little confused.

thx[/font]

The Mach1 Sports Interior option included some nice interior items. In 72 it included knitted vinyl high back bucket seats with accent stripes, tachometer, trip odometer, auxiliary instrument cluster (center instrument panel oil, amp, temp gauges), bright trim on pedal pads, molded door trim panels with wood grain inserts, color keyed vinyl carpet inserts, black camera case finish with chrome accents on left, right and center instrument panel trim bezels with wood grain on the center piece, and a rear seat ash tray.

The only difference in 71 is that the option included a clock in the left instrument cluster pod. (Clock only standard on Grandé) You had to order the instrumentation group option to get the tachometer, which was standard only on the Boss 351.

Thank you for the explanation!

Back