1972 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
Happy 2nd year anniversary on trying to sell this stang. Asking $28,500 on his web site.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Convertible-1972-Mustang-Convertible-Immaculate-Turn-Key-Restored-/191314825214?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2c8b408ffe&item=191314825214&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

The funny thing is that he used to allow a download of what to look for when buying a classic car and one of items was that if the car doesn't sell, then the price is to high. I suggested last year that he takes his own advice, read the book and lower the price. He came back to me saying that the car was fully restored. Doesn't matter, if it's not selling then the price is to high.

The highest it's ever gotten on ebay is $18,000.

Guess he'll still be selling this Sept 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mp,

I've been looking at Vanguard's site for a couple of years now, and i get the feeling that they are asking top prices for their cars across the range.

Do you think i would be right in making that observation? Just how much TLC goes into the cars before they are sold is another thing i was thinking about as well. Hmmmmmmmm.

Greg.:s

Hi mp,

I've been looking at Vanguard's site for a couple of years now, and i get the feeling that they are asking top prices for their cars across the range.

Do you think i would be right in making that observation? Just how much TLC goes into the cars before they are sold is another thing i was thinking about as well. Hmmmmmmmm.

Greg.:s

I would agree, but obviously he's selling cars as he's still in business.

I live closed to Vanguard and have been in there showoom several times. They have a lot of vey nice cars. They tend to price them high but they do move a lot of cars. I think there a good judge of whats moving in the classic car market.

They do minor repair and clean them up. Most of the stuff they buy has aready been restored.

John J

I live closed to Vanguard and have been in there showoom several times. They have a lot of vey nice cars. They tend to price them high but they do move a lot of cars. I think there a good judge of whats moving in the classic car market.

They do minor repair and clean them up. Most of the stuff they buy has aready been restored.

John J
Lucky you. But be nice to be able to stop there once in a while to check out the cars.

Back