1971 429CJ-R Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang Mach 1, 429CJ, J Code SOLD 3/2016

1971 Boss 351 Mustang
Medium Yellow Gold
From Kim Miller Collection
Purchased the car in December of 2013. Looking for as many past owners as I can to get more history on the car.

Impressive option list.

Lease car - interesting.

Ray
Yep, the name on the dealer invoice is J. Williams. I was told that was the name of the Ford employee who ordered the car. I figure he was a Ford executive since it appears the car might have moved up in the build order as it was produced 7 days ahead of schedule. Plus, the car has almost every option you could get. It did not come with the tape stripe which was added when it was restored in 2003.

It also has its original engine, transmission, carb, and starter.

Firstly, beautiful 429 you have there!

Secondly, I've just received the Marti report on my 351 Mach 1 and noted that yours was built on the same day as mine at the same plant. Probably not that rare an ocurrence, but it made me smile.

Firstly, beautiful 429 you have there!

Secondly, I've just received the Marti report on my 351 Mach 1 and noted that yours was built on the same day as mine at the same plant. Probably not that rare an ocurrence, but it made me smile.
Thank you! That is interesting about our cars. Just cool to think about the history of thes cars that were close together and now they still exist but far apart. I would love to see your Marti Report. Are you going to put it up in the Marti Report section?

I no longer own this car. I traded the car to a collector who owns a Ford dealership for a new 2016 Ford F-150 Lariet Special Edition with every option. This truck will replace my 11 year old Dodge Ram.

It was a great car but found that owning two classic Mustangs was just not for me. Now my 71 Boss 351 Mustang gets all my attention!

Nothing is forever as you might think, as I never thought I would let this car go when I first bought it. I guess I will always have that Mike429cj signature as a Boss One owner!

I no longer own this car. I traded the car to a collector who owns a Ford dealership for a new 2016 Ford F-150 Lariet Special Edition with every option. This truck will replace my 11 year old Dodge Ram.

It was a great car but found that owning two classic Mustangs was just not for me. Now my 71 Boss 351 Mustang gets all my attention!

Nothing is forever as you might think, as I never thought I would let this car go when I first bought it. I guess I will always have that Mike429cj signature as a Boss One owner!
I was afraid you might get rid of that car before I spoke with you! Built on my birthday!!! Good luck with the new truck and glad you have the 351. I don't think I could handle owning two classics at once either.

Back