• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Head light trim piece screws and plastic insert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
Looking for the metal trim piece that goes around the head light. The 2 screws that hold it into place. I also need the plactic insert that the screws go into.

thanks

John J

head light trim piece (2).png

What side do each of you need? Have some new and some concourse quality used.
Hi Judge,

I am very interested in buying a set from you. I have sent you an Email.

Greg.:)

Hi John,

I've been looking high and low, and can't find them myself.

Sorry mate.:(

Not even the screws or inserts? What do you use to clean the metal. Mine are dull.

John J
John,

Looks like Judge may have come to our rescue. To clarify,i have not done any investigation as to whether any American Mustang parts company sells the square nylon screw holder studs or screws.If you find that you can't buy them anywhere, i feel sure you could improvise and buy similar aftermarket studs of a similar size and design, from auto parts supply companies. The screws are a simple self tapping phillips domed shape machine head design.

The metal is an aluminium type i think, but would polish up well if you used a metal polish product, cream, paste, or liquid.You could poilish by hand, or if you own a mini electric or air driven buffer tool,that uses a little polishing pad, that would really bring the metal finish to life.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
Item #F-3502

73 HEADLIGHT DOORS FASTENER KIT

Four piece kit. Price: $2.00

Need 2 per car

Item #F-3502

73 HEADLIGHT DOORS FASTENER KIT

Four piece kit. Price: $2.00

Need 2 per car
order sent

Thanks John J

What side do each of you need? Have some new and some concourse quality used.
Hi Judge,

I am very interested in buying a set from you. I have sent you an Email.

Hi John,

I've been looking high and low, and can't find them myself.

Sorry mate.:(

Not even the screws or inserts? What do you use to clean the metal. Mine are dull.

John J
John,

Looks like Judge may have come to our rescue. To clarify,i have not done any investigation as to whether any American Mustang parts company sells the square nylon screw holder studs or screws.If you find that you can't buy them anywhere, i feel sure you could improvise and buy similar aftermarket studs of a similar size and design, from auto parts supply companies. The screws are a simple self tapping phillips domed shape machine head design.

The metal is an aluminium type i think, but would polish up well if you used a metal polish product, cream, paste, or liquid.You could poilish by hand, or if you own a mini electric or air driven buffer tool,that uses a little polishing pad, that would really bring the metal finish to life.

Cheers,

I will clean them up. I am lazy and thought there where repos availble.

I will try and polish them up this weekend. I am in a parade next friday and need to get the vert cleaned up. Thanks for the info Greg

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
Back