First show / First Trophy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Took the 72 out to a small show they have in the county next to us. The Fayette County Cotton Festival happens in the small town of Summervile, TN. THis was the first show I took my 67 to back in 2006 when I finished it and I thought it would be nice to do the same with the 72. About 8 members of the mustang club joined in at the show. It was a cloudy gray day so turnout was low. They had about 150 cars of varying makes.

I ended up winning Best of Show in the mustang category. It was only in the mustang category so there were about 15 or so to compete against. It was great to win against some other very nice cars. Here are a couple of photos from the club members. I did not take a camera.

Summerville 2014 2.jpg

Thought this was a good color match. Some of the club members said I should leave the costume at home next time. It was a little over the top begging for an award. OK, it wasn't actually me, but cute none the less.

Summerville 2014.jpg

Summerville 2014 4.jpg

Summerville 2014 7.jpg

Summerville 2014 6.jpg

Summerville 2014 5.jpg

Summerville 2014 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Your car looks great! It looks like you had some pretty good competition there. It is good to see one from our era do so well.

Congratulations!! ::thumb::

I think the trophy is just that much more special knowing you bested all those other awesome vintage Mustangs - including a GT-350, '69 FB, and '70 Mach 1 - with a non-Ram Air Clydesdale sportin' wheel covers. ;) :D

Well done, Sir! Beautiful car!!

Congratulations to both you and the car. I went to your garage here on the site and read about your history with this car. This win has to mean even more to you for all your hard work on this car.

I also agree that it is always good to see our cars get this kind of attention against those other really nice cars. You came out on top and it was much deserved.

I had to put my sunglasses on when I viewed those pictures! That color is awesome!!!

That's one nice showing of Mustangs there...but only one in a deliciously 1970's mint green! Congratulations!

Incidentally, the very first thought upon seeing the color of your Mach was Hot Wheels' "Antifreeze" Spectraflame paint on their early redline cars:

Mustang_Antifreeze1.jpg

It looks as if someone made an original Hot Wheels car come to life, in a manner so authentic and period that none of the recent Hot Wheels retro show cars could hope to achieve it. Even the Sport Wheel Covers give it that look.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back