Led bulb replacement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echarell

Reaction score
My Car
Boss 351 1971 Mustang
I ordered led replacement bulbs for my turn signals and I replaced the flasher as well with compatible led flasher. The running lights come on in the back and when I put blinker on its steady. Also the orange lights don't come on in front until I put blinker on and it's only steady as well. They are all dual intensity bulbs 1157

I ordered led replacement bulbs for my turn signals and I replaced the flasher as well with compatible led flasher. The running lights come on in the back and when I put blinker on its steady. Also the orange lights don't come on in front until I put blinker on and it's only steady as well. They are all dual intensity bulbs 1157
Not sure if this applies, but if you are using the original L shaped 3 wire connector to plug your new LED flasher (above the glove compartment) into, the polarity on it may be incorrect. On my car, I couldn't get it to work till I swapped the polarity. On the old incandescents it didn't matter which way the current went but the LEDs it does matter. I had to cut my connector and swap the 2 non ground wires.

Mine might have been wired backwards from someone trying to fix it awhile ago. I'm not sure how your car will be. There is a hazards flasher under the steering column that you could also swap the flasher with and see if it works under there for hazards.

You can check the bulbs simply with some wires and your car battery.

I did have to thoroughly wire brush and clean my old light sockets and replace a couple because they were quite corroded and not passing a full 12v

Where can I acess the hazards flasher
on my car it was kind of tucked under the steering column. It can be hard to see without taking the drivers seat out and laying with your head down by the pedals but it should be down there in that area, kind of near the fuse box.

i just found out you might need a 50 watt 6 ohm resister for each turn signal side

i used one on each side of the front parking light and it worked

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PCS-50W-6ohm-Load-Resistors-For-Hyper-Flash-Turn-Signal-Blink-Blinker-LED-Bulb-/251466766051?hash=item3a8c9656e3:g:r6IAAOxy0NtTFZZ8&vxp=mtr

i just found out you might need a 50 watt 6 ohm resister for each turn signal side

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PCS-50W-6ohm-Load-Resistors-For-Hyper-Flash-Turn-Signal-Blink-Blinker-LED-Bulb-/251466766051?hash=item3a8c9656e3:g:r6IAAOxy0NtTFZZ8&vxp=mtr
Now, that's interesting stuff!! It seems that there is always more to it than meets the eye. LED's for turn signals and main rear lights is on my shopping list to do over winter. Thanks for the heads-up.

008.JPG009.JPG006.JPG

Now, that's interesting stuff!! It seems that there is always more to it than meets the eye. LED's for turn signals and main rear lights is on my shopping list to do over winter. Thanks for the heads-up.
i just replaced all my out side bulbs with led and it has made a world of differents

Last edited by a moderator:
Back