73 351CJ "Q" CODE ENGINE BUILD

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegasmax

Reaction score
My Car
1973 351cj "Q" code out of 1973 Torinio all stock. What I want is to build a Big stroker but retain ALL stock components to look 1000% stock. Stock 73 CJ Heads,exhaust manifolds,intake and carb. Has factory dual point distributor. 4-speed car w/3;25 gears Suggestions??

1973 TORINO 351 4bbl "Q" CODE 4-BOLT ENGINE (4-spped car 3;25 gears)

Goal: Lots of tire burning torque, street-able, sound good run great

Problem: MUST retain all outward components! valve covers,intake,carburetor ,heads,exhaust manifolds,A/C, Power Steering, look like factory fresh!

MUST look 100% Stock on the outside!

I can change cam, pistons,rods,crank,valves,springs,rockers, to a 408 or 434 cubic inch motor must have a 4.030" max oversize bore, a compression ratio of no more than 10:1 ratio.

One hot stock looking Stang!

Suggestions of know usage helpful. 63 years old done a lot of cars.:idea::idea::cool:

Scott Cook Engineering dual plane alloy intake has stock look and markings but excellent performance just have to paint it blue

not cheap though they are about $750 made here in OZ I ve even got a barely used one for sale i was going for the stock look intake as well but i am going single plane with the new solid roller re build.

Be riding dirty right there.

Sounds like a mean scorcher of a build, with a nice bit of comfort to boot. AC an all.

How original are you looking being most heads painted Ford Blue are gonna look the same? It should have 2V heads if it is stock, 4V heads can make that engine breath. Its gonna want some air and lots of it stroked out like that.

Sounds like a mean scorcher of a build, with a nice bit of comfort to boot. AC an all.

How original are you looking being most heads painted Ford Blue are gonna look the same? It should have 2V heads if it is stock, 4V heads can make that engine breath. Its gonna want some air and lots of it stroked out like that.
'Q' code only ever came with 4V Heads from the factory

Last edited by a moderator:

'Q' code only ever came with 4V Heads from the factory

My bad early morning getting my info boondoggled I should have specified better the early model 4V heads are not the same as the later model 4V heads. Not all of the 4V heads are equal and the 73-74 were the lowest performing stock 4V heads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back