whats the recommended sound proofing?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick1973

Reaction score
My Car
1973 coupe, 460 c6, 3.73 possi
I was wondering what yall had used to quiet and cool your cars and what was the best bang for your buck dynamat is supposed to be the best but its also the most expensive and if i go with lizard skin the heat shielding and sound proofing stuff isnt much cheaper and i know i can lay factory style underlayment on top of it. what are yalls thoughts/opinions ive seen alot of discussions on the internet already buuuuuut id rather hear what yall had to say since yall haven't steered me wrong yet :)

Hi Nick,

You will find a lot of forum folk here have their own strong preferences when it comes to sound proofing and insulation.

I went with a product called Resomat here in Australia, and i really love it. I installed it into my '73 vert, and it has made a world of difference to sound, as well as hot and cold. Quality product that works, at a good price. Easy DIY or pay to be done.;);)

Your Reference.................

http://trufitcarpets.com.au/resomat/

Greg.:)

Nick1973,

I used the 3M - Sound Deadening Pads. Man, this stuff is sticky and molds to any contour. I plan on adding back my underlayment pads.

Part number: 8840 - 19 Inch X 19 Inch (500mm X 500mm)

Detailed Description

3M Sound Deadening Pads are conformable, self-adhesive sheets that can be easily custom cut and applied to vehicle floor pans, engine compartments, hoods, deck lids, inside doors and on body panels.

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/secured/us/en001/auto_marine_aero/automotive_aftermarket/node_7D7GMPSZGTgs/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_4BSN9SQX3Tge/bgel_443CLB3L7Nbl/gvel_8STF4497G7gl/theme_us_oc_aad_3_0/command_OCHandler/output_html

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
:D

i have used raam mat is for soun deadening for audio wors great cheaper than the high priced stuff
Raam Mat too..
Me three. ::thumb::

On Q's recommendation, as a matter of fact. :D

All the same quality and benefits of Dynamat, without having to pay extra for the logos plastered everywhere - you're just going to cover up with something else anyway. ;) :D

I went with Lizard Skin. Mainly because you could paint body color over it for judging purposes should something be visible. Nothing is visible, but I liked the benefit of being able to spray it into the voids in the quarters and inner structures behind the kick panels and under the cowl. Just my preference.

I went with Lizard Skin. Mainly because you could paint body color over it for judging purposes should something be visible. Nothing is visible, but I liked the benefit of being able to spray it into the voids in the quarters and inner structures behind the kick panels and under the cowl. Just my preference.
You bring up a good point, regarding coverage. The "mat" materials can be challenging and time consuming to get into all the tight spots. I've not heard anything bad at all about the Lizard Skin, either. I remember when Roy put it in his car and later reported how awesome it was.

wow thanks for all the replys yall are always a big help when working or even just planning future work X) i think im going to go with RAAMmat i think its exactly what i need

Back