K&N Filters

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdM

Reaction score
Between the Texas Hill Country and North Idaho
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code, a 427 Dart based Windsor, Pro Flo 4, Tremec 5 speed, A/C, 12.7:1 steering conversion, SoT coil over and Dakota Digital dash.
Well I am finally home from Korea for a few weeks so have seen, driven and played with my recently acquired Q code 4 speed '73 Mach 1. I am more than pleased so far. I am currently changing all fluids, filters and the like and note that it has a K&N air filter. Would like to hear the views of said filters from the good folks here.

EdM,

I have the K&N Air filter in my 2007 F-150 Crew cab, 5.4L and cannot see any difference in gas mileage or performance. I have the GoPoint Technology BT1 plugged into the OBD-II along with the Apple iPhone application monitoring fuel mileage and see no difference between a good Fram filter and the K & N. I agree with my fellow forum members that they are really easy to clean and re-oil for long use.

Now, I did purchase the K&N X-Stream Air Flow Top Plates for added air flow for my Holleyon the 1973 Coupe. Not sure how it performs since I am still working on mustang.

sample:

f9qski.jpg

Source: Summit Racing

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/knn-66-1401?seid=srese1&gclid=CLeRgLi5-sACFUoS7AodfW4AWQ

mustang7173 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate the replies. I bought the cleaning kit and it should be good to go.

Back