Something is wrong ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Take a look at this one for sale on Ebay right now.. That's a shame that people does such a styling to a car when it's not done right! I don't like it, maybe some one does. It looks a little bit wrong with the front marker lamps placed down in the front valance and the big rear spoiler and sideskirts.. Maybe the car would have looked totally different with a custom color, bigger/wider wheels and some other mods, instead of leaving the rest of the car in a original stance.

I dont say that I hate the car or anything. I think the idea is cool enought if it was done different.

Just wanted to share this one with you guys.. :)

What do you think, go or not go? :)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/390934306085?nav=SEARCH

image.jpg

That one has been posted before. Looks like an aftermaret kit. They were really popular in the

mid-late70's/early 80's but never popular on 71-3 Mustangs !!

Ray

I'm going to leave this one alone. Left to my own behavior I might mention something like "dont put me in the picture as one of the craftsmen with this POS" if I was one of those employees in the picture.

I've sold Hondas and Miatas nicer looking and better work than that. But I'm not going to give an opinion in hopes not to offend those whom would like that. :D

That one has been posted before. Looks like an aftermaret kit. They were really popular in the

mid-late70's/early 80's but never popular on 71-3 Mustangs !!

Ray
An aftermaket kit? But yeah okay it does look like something that belongs to the 70/80's, I could imagine that it could had been popular in that time. :)

There's a time and place for everything.

This particular kit may have been cool back then but IMO if it doesn't make it go faster, stop quicker, or handle better then it's gotta go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a look at this one for sale on Ebay right now.. That's a shame that people does such a styling to a car when it's not done right! I don't like it, maybe some one does. It looks a little bit wrong with the front marker lamps placed down in the front valance and the big rear spoiler and sideskirts.. Maybe the car would have looked totally different with a custom color, bigger/wider wheels and some other mods, instead of leaving the rest of the car in a original stance.

I dont say that I hate the car or anything. I think the idea is cool enought if it was done different.

Just wanted to share this one with you guys.. :)

What do you think, go or not go? :)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/390934306085?nav=SEARCH
ever seen a 71-3 w/a wagon back? Hemmings Motor News penned for the sparcity of only so very little hold and maintain a respectable value; better just drive and enjoy. These mustangs by enlaGd never got lLee Iaccocas respect i,e he called it a dinosour not appreciated as the other generation one mustangs. Of the handfull of 71-2 collectors, that you find as a 1 in 50 72 sprint convertible or the 71 Boss 429 in the 1 condition w/low miles at an auction just lately that 429 valued @ for 79k on the books though at best, recently a 71 Boss 351 worth @ 67k in a '-1' condition only got 49k through Mecum Auction plus you pay the auction house fee whether you accept the max bid on it re: Hemmings Muscle Machines Nov 2014 #135 edition p. 88.

It's hideous, but I'll admit that the whole kit adds uniformity to the front spoiler concept, even though this one does nothing. Granted, the factory piece is nothing short of a joke either - both in appearance and functionality - and this isn't far behind.

Both spoilers remind me of the C7 Corvette front end. It tries hard to look as if the front protrusions are scraping the road, but - in reality - it's high in the air and doesn't do a damn thing.

Love the calked-on floorpan patches too. This is a joke:

830510-45-large.jpg

830510-38-large.jpg

"Nothing shows quality like the glossiness of the paint...or inadvertently showing off the orange peel!" rofl

830134-35-large.jpg

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha! I really forgot the floorpans, I have never seen anything like that before! That is like you say, a really big joke! I really don't understand how it's possible to do such a bad job..

They think they are some bad guys who just have build a really bad ass custom car.. :p

This particular kit may have been cool back then but IMO if it doesn't make it go faster, stop quicker, or handle better then it's gotta go!!

I'm quite OFFENDED that you guys would think our generation would consider THAT a cool add on back in tha day.....:mad::cool:

I'm quite OFFENDED that you guys would think our generation would consider THAT a cool add on back in tha day.....:mad::cool:
Still not as bad as the shaggy carpet, dash, and door panels.

Wow - are those rain gutters as side skirts? :huh:

Bleh - Count me out of the running for any potentially positive comments.

Say what you will about the car, the pictures should at least tell you enough to make a purchase decision. I have to give them credit for being thorough even though the car is not so beautiful.

Still not as bad as the shaggy carpet, dash, and door panels.

Uhhh you talk'n bout my black friends caddy's and duce anahh quahta's or white peoples classics?

Say what you will about the car, the pictures should at least tell you enough to make a purchase decision. I have to give them credit for being thorough even though the car is not so beautiful.
:D:D:D Rotten... if there was an award for being the most politically correct ...I'd vote for you on that one. Cuz that was one crapped up car.

No doubt the car is crapped up but someone out there wanted it to look like that and somebody else might be out there that likes it too. I agree, the car is hideous but I am not in the market for a back to the future looking car with 80's styling cues. I figured that out once I saw the pictures of this abomination.

+1. Seller does go out of their way to photograph the flaws (granted, in an ideal world, this shouldn't be a surprise).

-Kurt

Back