What "kept you from" what you wanted to do on your 7173 today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup - the pesky "Day Job" thing me, as well (during the week). No excuses on the weekend.

Oddly enough, when I was at the Auto Hobby Shop on the weekends, my answer would've been, "all of the needy people that shouldn't be working on their cars needing my help," had kept me from working on it.

Now that it's at home, the weekends are "All Mustang, All Day," with her blessing.

The irony comes in 2 flavors:

• At the awesomely-equipped shop: not much time to work because of having to run the shop and wife was complaining about being gone all weekend
  • Car's at home: shop facilities kinda suck, but the wife insists on getting something done and is right in the middle of it with me

:huh:

Work. And my Mustang is at my mothers house. I have a 3 car garage but 4 cars so I end up swapping out a car to/from mom's house. Right now the '82 Cherokee is at home now getting love. I hope to swap out to the mustang in the next month or so.

No much I need to do. Check for a possible stuck caliper. I want to move the GV switch. When I get ambitious I am going to put a looser torque converter in.

Work, I've been "on call" this week so I don't think much is getting done. Least I get to drive the F-550 service truck all week.

Guess I could park the truck next to the mustang as it has an air compressor, welder, and tons of neat tools! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I used to be indecisive now Iam not sure :D. 51 percent work 49 percent laziness combined with being a bit of a tight arse and not wanting to spend too much too quick.

Finding parts is one item....and as well as I know sitting here right now...I should have ordered my tires for the 8th straight month. MOST of the time I "forget" because of work. How do you FORGET for 8 months?

THEN its yard work, taking care of the other three cars...etc etc

Priorities and work. Mostly work. I have been neglecting the Mach1 due to my work schedule and other priorities. That is about to change. After 4 years of working more than 70 hrs a week at my day job the overtime has come to an end. I will miss the huge paychecks but I am looking forward to working on the Mach.

What "kept you from" what you wanted to do on your 7173 today:

• Work
  • A dead Dodge Ram Van
  • Trying to find another Dodge Ram Van
  • Trying to revive the Mark V
  • Trying to fix a fuel leak at the carb on the Mark V
  • Checking Craigslist for another Dodge Ram Van
  • Exchange rental cars/contracts
  • Drive around looking for a Dodge Ram Van
  • Getting exhausted
  • Getting the wrong Holley gaskets for the Mark V
  • GRRR!

Any questions?

-Kurt

Finding parts is one item....and as well as I know sitting here right now...I should have ordered my tires for the 8th straight month. MOST of the time I "forget" because of work. How do you FORGET for 8 months?

I feel yo' pain, Brutha! I've ONLY been intending to box up and send my instrument cluster, center gauges, and console clock to RCCI for just under 2 years now. :dodgy:

I'm pathetic. :shy:

Hard to believe that there is another person like me that actually forgets to order the parts that I need. I wait for the money, then when I get the money I order or find something that is unrelated to my immediate need. I blame you guys. You all have great stuff for sale and I do need some of these things, just not right now. But who can pass up a good deal?

Whoa... I sound like my wife when she comes home from shopping. Scarry!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have perfect weather this weekend...... yep this afternoon its workout, getting new sofa (bout time we had the other for 10 years) then deal with the wife when she comes home...move it here move it there. Tomorrow....its cows in the morning, work on chutes and pens...then probably drive an hour home. But that is work that I like.

I am not allowing myself to work on the Mach until I get all the wood cut and split I need. I don't want to run out like last winter. But on the plus side I heat my house and Garage so when the cold wind is blowing Ill be nice and warm working on it.

Police presence.
Uh-oh... hope everything's OK. :-/

Technically, I suppose, sitting here on the forums right now is the only thing keeping me from sorting out the aftermarket electrical hairball I created yesterday. :D

Back