Banjo Bolts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
Does anyone have a pair of Banjo bolts for the front calipers they will part with cheaply? Seems tough to find those little things anywhere. I left my old ones in the core calipers since the new ones came with a hardware bag. The hardware bag had everything except the banjos.

They ship nicely if wrapped individually in $100 bills.

:rolleyes:

kcmash

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-13947

I just replaced both banjo bolts on my 72 Coupe and these are the correct bolts.
Thanks for the link. Just ordered them and my Centerforce DF700000 clutch kit. Heck of a lot better price than one of the advertisers on this site! Summit $3.97 each for the Banjo Bolts, Vendor from here, $24. Clutch kit through Summit $363 versus $440 from the Vendor on this site.

Gotta save where I can.

kcmash

I can't remember if I got mine from Summit or a local parts store. What I DO remember though, is being pissed that the hardware kit didn't have 'em in there - you'd think being a 'hardware kit an all... :dodgy:

I can't remember if I got mine from Summit or a local parts store. What I DO remember though, is being pissed that the hardware kit didn't have 'em in there - you'd think being a 'hardware kit an all... :dodgy:
Eric, I was kinda upset too. The guys from O'Reilly even thought the banjos were included. No one here has them or says they can order the 3/8-24 Banjo. Not NAPA, Ford, O'Reilly, Advance, or Ace Hardware. Yep, I probably spent $20 in Gas and got nothing.

Eric, I was kinda upset too. The guys from O'Reilly even thought the banjos were included. No one here has them or says they can order the 3/8-24 Banjo. Not NAPA, Ford, O'Reilly, Advance, or Ace Hardware. Yep, I probably spent $20 in Gas and got nothing.
I've lost a little faith in my favorite O'Reilly's here - went yesterday to see if I could get a new speedo cable that would fit the AOD speed sensor (cable-driven, but a '71 speedo cable won't work with it) - and the new kid couldn't come up with anything that wasn't on the computer screen. Some of the older guys there would've pulled out one of the books and cross-referenced numbers to find the right parts - but sadly, they've either gotten off weekend-duty, quit, retired, or otherwise moved on.

I'm even OK if they have to order something - it'll get there in a day or two and don't hafta pay shipping. But if I gotta do the research and provide the part number, I might as well order it from the vendor's website I pulled the part number from in the first place.

That's one reason why Don and Summit Racing have gotten so much of my money in the past few years. ;) :D

Lesson here is that you never turn in the cores until the job is done! I had to learn this lesson the hard way as well. Hope you do not repeat this mistake?

Cores?! I didn't need no stinking cores! rofl

Seriously - mine were so far gone, there was no saving even the banjo bolts. I literally pulled everything off mine and tossed it all in the scrap trailer over 2 years before I finally got to the brakes. ;) :D

Back