Passenger side wiper arm

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afeng79

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Hardtop
Ok so I need help understanding what the passenger side wiper arm entails. Long story short is I got the car with only the driver side wiper on it. My question is what does the wiper arm on the passenger side look like and where can I find a replacement? The drivers side has the pivot arm attached to the main arm but my understanding is the passenger side doesn't? What I currently have is the "nub" of the wiper that moves just fine, just no arm or blade attached to it. Can someone shed light on this for me?

Hi There,

You own a '72. I've just done some quick reserch on the net. It look's like you will need to replace the wiper arm and wiper blade. Wiper blade assemblies can be bought readily, but the arms don't seem to be up for sale, or are hard to get hold of. I 've just come up with zip on a quick scout around.

Maybe a forum member can lead you to a sale connection for what you are chasing.

Greg.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info on this. I couldn't find any of the arms online anywhere! But they do sell 65-70 mustang wiper arms. Do any other models use the same arms? I can always find a parted out mustang in my local area

Thanks for the info on this. I couldn't find any of the arms online anywhere! But they do sell 65-70 mustang wiper arms. Do any other models use the same arms? I can always find a parted out mustang in my local area
That, i don't know. Logically, it would be best to stick with getting an arm for your '72 car only if you can. Check with the vendors on this forum site for any availability.

Greg.:)

Thanks everyone for the contact info. I found a parted out mustang, went to get some parts including the wiper arm and I'm a little embarrassed to say it but I couldn't get the stupid thing off! The owner and I worked it for a while and since I was trying not to break anything, I failed at getting it off.

That leads to my second question...how do you get the dang thing off (or on for that matter)? Does it push on? Because I couldn't find any screws for it.

There is a small hole on the arm near the "knee" joint. Move the arm away from the windshield and insert a 3/32" pin, drill bit, etc. in the hole to hold it in the release position. From there use penetrating fluid and wiggle with upward force. Leave the pin in until the arm is installed, then remove the pin.

Chuck

Back