• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1970 Fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Empty Stable Currently
Okay so I know this isn't really what we cater to here at 7173Mustangs. But as some of you may have seen I sold off my 73 Mach 1 back in California. I'm now searching for a project 1970 Fastback out here in the Ohio Valley.

I'm willing to travel a bit for the car, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois. I know what these cars command price wise and that people are going nuts with their asking prices. So I'm hoping someone here may have a line on one that I can grab.

Okay so I know this isn't really what we cater to here at 7173Mustangs. But as some of you may have seen I sold off my 73 Mach 1 back in California. I'm now searching for a project 1970 Fastback out here in the Ohio Valley.

I'm willing to travel a bit for the car, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois. I know what these cars command price wise and that people are going nuts with their asking prices. So I'm hoping someone here may have a line on one that I can grab.
If I was doing a 70 I'd start with a brand new body..Then look for a rotted out coupe for all the little misc parts..rear,, drive line..At least this way NO RUST & it may be a bit cheaper in the long run than a rusted or poorly repaired project car.

http://www.restorationperformance.com/servlet/the-126657/1970-Mustang-Fastback-Replacement/Detail

If I was doing a 70 I'd start with a brand new body..Then look for a rotted out coupe for all the little misc parts..rear,, drive line..At least this way NO RUST & it may be a bit cheaper in the long run than a rusted or poorly repaired project car.

http://www.restorationperformance.com/servlet/the-126657/1970-Mustang-Fastback-Replacement/Detail
While I appreciate the thought and opinion Q, it's not for me. I want to save a rusty car and put it back on the road. I know it'll cost more in the end, but there's something about saving a classic that I want to be a part of.

I have a 70 mach 351 c 4 speed grabber blue runs drives pretty solid 15k

The 70 fastback with a shaker hood has always been one of my favorite mustangs. I still would love to own one someday. But yes you are right about the prices people are asking for them, CRAZY!!! Good luck in your search and I will keep my eye out for ya.

Back