Hi there from a newbie

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbracken

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Cobra Jet
812740_457834414282334_1705818351_o.jpgHi there and thanks in advance for all the knowledge help and support I know is out there amongst you all. I'm going to need it I'm sure.

A short intro. I'm a Brit living here in the US on a work assignment. Back in Europe I have a Cobra replica that I built and have owned for over 20 years and which I love.

Having moved here at the start of this year without my car my fiance said that if I get a hobby car it here it must have a rear seat so we can all go out together - we have twin daughters.

So I've always loved Mustangs too, and in my home town when I was a teenager someone owned a yellow Mach 1 from this era, and so the rest of the plan came together. I bought a 72 Mach1 CJ with 4 speed stick in Arkansas and drove it the 938 mile trip back to Michigan (steady freeway at 70-75 mph) I saw 15.3 mpg. I know (from bitter experience) that around town it drops substantially. A combination of a malfunctioning fuel sender and my poor estimation saw me with my first call to AAA and a ride on the flatbed for a 5 mile trip to home....

All part of the learning. Its a low mileage car that lived in CA and AR and is all original steel. Its had paint and has a few non correct items that I'll work on over the winter to gradually get them the way I'd like it to be. New suspension bushes and shocks will be on the list and a few electrical items too need sorting. Carpets too are going crumbly. But it runs great with no slop in the drive train, doesn't use oil and sounds terrific. Its matching numbers too.

Anyway that's enough for now and I'll start asking my first questions for help and advice soon. Thanks again in advance.

PS Had a great time at Mustang Alley and some of the other great events the Club arranged around Detroit to celebrate the 50th. Thanks to all that made these things happen.

Welcome from West Texas! Nice car!! ::thumb::

Love to see some of your pics from the Mustang 50th!

Nice car welcome from Utah!

Hi there and thanks in advance for all the knowledge help and support I know is out there amongst you all. I'm going to need it I'm sure.

A short intro. I'm a Brit living here in the US on a work assignment. Back in Europe I have a Cobra replica that I built and have owned for over 20 years and which I love.

Having moved here at the start of this year without my car my fiance said that if I get a hobby car it here it must have a rear seat so we can all go out together - we have twin daughters.

So I've always loved Mustangs too, and in my home town when I was a teenager someone owned a yellow Mach 1 from this era, and so the rest of the plan came together. I bought a 72 Mach1 CJ with 4 speed stick in Arkansas and drove it the 938 mile trip back to Michigan (steady freeway at 70-75 mph) I saw 15.3 mpg. I know (from bitter experience) that around town it drops substantially. A combination of a malfunctioning fuel sender and my poor estimation saw me with my first call to AAA and a ride on the flatbed for a 5 mile trip to home....

All part of the learning. Its a low mileage car that lived in CA and AR and is all original steel. Its had paint and has a few non correct items that I'll work on over the winter to gradually get them the way I'd like it to be. New suspension bushes and shocks will be on the list and a few electrical items too need sorting. Carpets too are going crumbly. But it runs great with no slop in the drive train, doesn't use oil and sounds terrific. Its matching numbers too.

Anyway that's enough for now and I'll start asking my first questions for help and advice soon. Thanks again in advance.

PS Had a great time at Mustang Alley and some of the other great events the Club arranged around Detroit to celebrate the 50th. Thanks to all that made these things happen.
::welcome::from Latrobe PA where this web started and still growing. Though when Lee Iacocca began his reign in the late 60s and to his dislike our mustang model was born and he called the dinosaur it is still my fab. Like your mustang look and hope to see 15.3mpg between my EFI 700cfm/3.5 rear axle/gear vendors overdrive also 4 on the floor bv my cleveland is 9.5:1 compression @ 400 hp and a conv @ 4k lbs in weight. Hope to see 15.3 mpg at 55mph on cruise on a long trip too but engine rebuilt at r code standards plus for the 72 351 H.O. Style. Your stang could make the COTM still have the DEC month or in 2015s calendar as being restored or on the road. See mine of what i did w/it from my photo album to march 2015 COTM.

Great car and great story. Look forward to reading about the projects. Lord knows all of us get to work on something occasionally. My radiator hose was cut thru buy power steering belt today, another lesson learned.

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Be sure to add a pin to pur member map under the Fun Stuff tab at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back