• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cleveland 4bl heads for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71ponymaster

Reaction score
My Car
We have two 1971 Mach I's we are putting together for our kids and 1972 Mustang Convertible we are looking to sell. That is all we have in this era.
Hey all. Got a set of '72 351 cleveland 4bl heads for sale. They are open chamber heads. Cast # D1ZE DA My book shows em as cobra jet but other books may say diff. PM me w any questions. Steve

MotoArts. I usually discuss $$ an such in emails. Ford6973mustang@yahoo

Thx. Steve

MotoArts. I usually discuss $$ an such in emails. Ford6973mustang@yahoo

Thx. Steve
Why? We are all family here.

- Paul

Hey all. Got a set of '72 351 cleveland 4bl heads for sale. They are open chamber heads. Cast # D1ZE DA My book shows em as cobra jet but other books may say diff. PM me w any questions. Steve
::help:::shrug2::huh:i had opportunity of an additional $500 for the 4V cleveland heads on my 72 q code conv rebuilt to r code but retaining this edelbrock 2 barrel intake manifold. I took the cleveland 2/4 heads on the conv and in engine clearance as not too saavy in the blueprint but confused @ valve diameter on the block and this 'piston to valve intake and exhaust is .135 and .265 which said w/improved oilers and a couple other data as 9.5 compression an push rods 3/8 .080-8 inches .250 long and w/lunati solid lifters valve radius in an ex at .022 and .024 ex closes and opens at 11.5 and 55.5 seems also have comp cams roller rockers screw in studs for 70-82 351C, 351-400M C.I. & 68-97 429-460 C.I. Mechanical lifter camshafts w/Holley Avenger EFI projection 504-21 4D 700 cfm said before the changeover to the EFI rated at 350 hp w/650 holley 4 barrel. Though w/all the forged flat head and magnafluxed....would the stock cleveland 4v heads have improved performance but do not think in efficiency.

Paul of mo. I had a cple complain right after i joined up on here

Doesnt matter to me. Just not wantin make others upset

Mustang dynasty

Bud u are over my head there. Lol. Im not saavy enough w engines to make any assumptions on that whatsoever

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustang dynasty

Bud u are over my head there. Lol. Im not saavy enough w engines to make any assumptions on that whatsoever
ok

Mustang dynasty

ok that sticker was for the heads was back in 09

Mustang dynasty

ok that sticker was for the heads was back in 09. That lunati flat top cam is a high perfornance -was for minimun of 10 compression. Guess i will have to call the manufacturers and backtrack to parts numbers and check their catalogs to describe their place in the motors performance. W/that compared to the H.O. R code in 72 of 8.8 comressi

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustang dynasty

ok that sticker was for the heads was back in 09. That lunati flat top cam is a high perfornance -was for minimun of 10 compression. Guess i will have to call the manufacturers and backtrack to parts numbers and check their catalogs to describe their place in the motors performance. W/that compared to the H.O. R code in 72 of 8.8 comressi

Back