Rare 71 rear hood lip moldings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul of MO

Reaction score
My Car
71 M Code Convert - Barn find
73 H Code Convert - Field find
73 H code - Latest Project
Remember me tossing out what I thought were cheesy after market hood / fender rear hood trim parts only to find out they were ultra rare OEM Ford cheesy hood / fender rear trim parts?

I was looking at a very rusty 71 parts car tonight that I ended up not buying but the guy did have a few other loose parts for sale.

There they were - wired together and marked "71 Misc Trim"

Got all three pieces for one whole dollar!

Plus:

A full set of 73 style power window bezels with no pits and intact clips for a dollar each.

Gave another 5 bucks for two 5 gallon buckets absolutely full of fasteners / clips / nuts / bolts / small trim items - all removed from multiple 71 through 73 Mustangs.

Plus he gave me an ice cold Mountain Dew - how perfect is that!

$10 bucks of pure mustang joy!

- Paul

Remember me tossing out what I thought were cheesy after market hood / fender rear hood trim parts only to find out they were ultra rare OEM Ford cheesy hood / fender rear trim parts?

I was looking at a very rusty 71 parts car tonight that I ended up not buying but the guy did have a few other loose parts for sale.

Plus:

A full set of 73 style power window bezels with no pits and intact clips for a dollar each.

Gave another 5 bucks for two 5 gallon buckets absolutely full of fasteners / clips / nuts / bolts / small trim items - all removed from multiple 71 through 73 Mustangs.

- Paul
well I will offer you a tidy profit on those 73 bezels and clips. TWO dollars!!!!

seriously I'll buy them!!!!!!! not really you have to charge 1500 before I'll buy and then if you'll kindly sell them out from under me after I've made a commitment I'll feel much more comfortable with life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! a 100% profit in one day!

Sorry - they are going on my 73 convert. The ones that came with the car are pitted and most of the clips are broke off.

I made a promise to a local Falcon enthusiast that if I ever turned up a better set he would get my old ones. He has 73 power windows that I sold him in a 65 Falcon but at the time I did not have any bezels.

I am most happy about the buckets of nuts and bolts!

- Paul

Don't throw the hood and fender trim out this time cause I need them too
They are only a buck - just go buy set like I did.

Found them at the first place I looked - what is the big deal?

- Paul

- Paul
Paul, I'll give you $10 for them and then sell them to caspianwendell for $20 we all make out good in that deal :D

Plus:

- Paul
love to find a fit duck tail for the end of the trunk lid ie@ 68 Shelby 350Gt conv

- Paul
Everything I tried to find was in the last place I looked...maybe I will start there first? but if I first start at the last place first, then the last place I looked would still be where I found it...nevermind.

Wow! a 100% profit in one day!

Sorry - they are going on my 73 convert. The ones that came with the car are pitted and most of the clips are broke off.

I made a promise to a local Falcon enthusiast that if I ever turned up a better set he would get my old ones. He has 73 power windows that I sold him in a 65 Falcon but at the time I did not have any bezels.

I am most happy about the buckets of nuts and bolts!

- Paul
Haa no problem, I would only be happy if you raise the price to 1000 or more just what I'm accustomed to. I'm hoping to get to some work on the car tonight, and it will end up with custom switches and custom interior when its all said and done she will look great....just not original. I still look just in case a set magically appears.

Plus:

- Paul
can u post image of that 3 part cheesy rear trunk trim? Been looking for a duck tail kike on the 69 shelby to appky to the rear of my 72 vert or thereabouts kind of trim even if like the 70 maich 1 styling

Plus:

- Paul
can u post image of that 3 part cheesy rear trunk trim? Been looking for a duck tail kike on the 69 shelby to appky to the rear of my 72 vert or thereabouts kind of trim even if like the 70 maich 1 styling
These are rear cheesy trim that goes on the trailing edges of the hood and fenders.

Very early 71 only - mine (that I tossed out) were from an Dec 70 built M code convert.

The set I found (for a buck) were off of a 71 fastback that he parted out.

- Paul

Plus:

- Paul
These are rear cheesy trim that goes on the trailing edges of the hood and fenders.

Very early 71 only - mine (that I tossed out) were from an Dec 70 built M code convert.

The set I found (for a buck) were off of a 71 fastback that he parted out.

- Paul
still like to see the cheesey 3 part trim?

I have the three pieces. I'd sell them for $50+ shipping. I rechecked them tonight, they are equal in condition to the ones on eBay. I can send pictures to your email. Just send me an email with the request.

This is what they look like installed. Early 71 Boss

Nope - those are shields also rare but we are talking about a chromed plastic lip that goes on the back edge of the fenders and the back edge of the hood.

21kz6nr.jpg

This one is on ebay for 75 bucks including the dink. The other side is for sale for the same price and they do not have the long one for the hood.

I would post a link but I do not like the vendor much at all.

50 bucks is more than fair for all three (but did I mention that I only paid one whole dollar?)

- Paul

Back