Hello all!

fatherandson71

Hello everyone. I am looking forward to putting some of the information on this forum to good use. My son, who turns 15 at the end of this month, are beginning a rebuild of my 71 fastback. I drove the car in high school and wrecked it the year after I graduated. It has been sitting ever since. That was 1994. We are going for a restomod look on a very tight budget. We are hoping to get it on the road by the time he gets his license next year. It will be pretty much a ground up build, but the car is solid. Very little body work needed. I have a 351w to add a little performance to and a C4 that needs a rebuild. I am hoping to find an AOD to swap my C4 for, but we will see. Should be fun and will be great doing it with my son!

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a great adventure. Be sure to share it with us (photos). I don't have my HS car but I do have the one I bought about four months after graduation. It could tell a few stories.

Welcome from CA!

Yup best times I had was with dad building cars

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome from Denmark.. :) I am looking forward to follow this build together with your son, what a cool idea! :)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

My son has already called dibs on mine, a lot can happen in five years.

Bright lime 72 Mach 1 with 351C 4V, with summit 600 carb(have a Holley too), Edelbrock dual-plane manifold, Hooker headers, 3 inch exhaust with flowmasters, 17 inch Eleanor wheels, FMX tranny, A/C, P/S, front disks and 350 rear gear. Drive it to work every day.

Welcome! I built up my Mustang with my dad and its our favorite thing to do!

From Brier, WA

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, you sure as Hell don't have time to do it right the second time.

Dutch uncle