Home Made engine "OK" Stamp

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertable
302 v2 FMX 2.79 rear end
Last year when I stripped and painted my valve covers, I lost the original "OK" stamp that was on it, I took a picture of what was left to get the aprox location and orientation of the stamp.

then after searching the web for an OK stamp I came across a link on the 429 Megasite under the Engine Bay Detail

http://429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/engine_compartment_detailing.htm

after a few tries in Word, I got the correct size and shape lettering, I printed it out, and transferred it to a regular large pencil eraser, and used an exacto knife to carve it out.

then I bought a tube of Yellow Acrylic paint and tested the stamp on a piece if paper, it worked great, I just had to get the right amount of paint to look right, it was a little tougher to stamp the valve cover to get it to look right (good thing it wipes off while wet to redo many times)

total cost was under a dollar for the eraser and the paint.

and about 1 hour of my time.

here is the final result.

OK2.jpg

20141006_204058.jpg

20141006_204111.jpg

20141006_204131.jpg

20141006_174813.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
after I made it, and stamped the car, my wife asked " that's it??, all that work for one stamp on the valve cover."

I think I will start to market them..LOL

Looking for just this right detail for my 71 Mach 1 351 C... awesome job!

I do have a question... wouldn't you have to carve the letters backward to print it in

a mirror image? or does it work OK ( pun intended ) to just flip the stamp upside

down before stamping?

Also, does it matter which valve cover the "OK" gets applied to? my old stamp is on the passenger side.

Thanks!

Doug in Indy

Results just look "OK" to me...*G*

Jeff Speegle on the concours forum has been creating these rubber stamps for years. He'll often take a box of stamps with him to MCA shows for folks who want to mark up their cars.

Back