New Member From NorCal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceheler

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang
351C 4V - slightly modified
C-6
9" Rear factory 3:00 gears
Hello All,

Names Chris. Just finished active duty service with the USMC as a 3521 Mechanic. Now working in an auto parts store planning to open a care center up soon or move on to a farm shop around here somewhere. Enough about, on to the mustang.

It was my fathers first car he ever bought it is a 1971 grande with a 351c - 4V, c-6, 9" 3.00. When i was growing up it was in terrible shape and he was desperate for money and sold it to i guy i knew. After spending some time in the Marines knowing i was coming home i took a loan and bought it from the guy my dad sold it to. Needs exhaust and suspension work and it will be driveable.

I have built it up to look more like a coupe, i don't have interest in making it look 100% original, hence the vinyl top is gone and it looks like a hard top and the grande grill has been replaced with a mach 1 grill. My eventual goal will be a modular 5.4 ford in front of a 5 speed automatic with rack and pinion steering air bag suspension and all the modern goodies in a classical old school shell.

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from San Diego! Great story about getting your dad's original first car, pretty awesome man! Glad to see another coupe owner join the site, this place is awesome as you will soon find out!

Welcome from either Okpo Korea, Boerne Texas (as I type) or Sandpoint Idaho as I bounce betwixt the three. I am a former Bey Area'ite spending my first 35 years there leaving in 1995. I am new to the Mustang (mine a '73 Mach 1) and am enjoying the good folks on this site.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. As requested so long as I can use my phone I shall throw some quick pictures up. Next week or so it would get some magnum 500 wheels and I will get some pictures up as well

image.jpgStill working out the kinks of posting photos.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Texas! Good lookin' Mustang! ::thumb::

Looks like you kept the full-size horsey from the Grande grille and mounted it to the Mach 1 grille - Sweet! ::goodjob::

Back