Can someone enlighten me? Boss 351 dipstick?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold! Anyone of you guys that have a Boss 351 better watch the dipstick at the next car show!!!

Wait.., the Boss 351 4 speed manual Trans has a dipstick?! Usually manuals don't. My 67 f250 4speed doesn't. Now I can't recall if my m code has a Trans dipstick.

I really need enlightening here... Who's got a Boss that can comment.

Wait.., the Boss 351 4 speed manual Trans has a dipstick?! Usually manuals don't. My 67 f250 4speed doesn't. Now I can't recall if my m code has a Trans dipstick.

Engine oil dipstick - Boss 351 have 6 qt pans and the "correct" dipstick is longer and has a unique Ford Part number.

How do I know? Sold one for $300.00 - still in the FOMOCO packaging. I am so smart!

The dude who bought if from me turned around and sold it the same day for $750.00.

I thanked him for taking the time to come back and tell me what he had done.

- Paul

No this dipstick is 4 the engine...the only difference is probably the part number..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok the engine dipstick. Now I feel like a dipstick!

It has that....

D1ZX number on it

Anything with the magical ZX is pricey

Watch for C9ZX too and I don't mean Chuck :p

It has that....

D1ZX number on it

You just couldn't resist it could you Don?:) Actually, the black paint adds 12 HP and the Boss 351 decal adds 20. Chuck

My dipstick seems too long to me, what is the number of this 500 dollar dipstick?

It has that....

D1ZX number on it

You just couldn't resist it could you Don?:) Actually, the black paint adds 12 HP and the Boss 351 decal adds 20. Chuck
No I could not :angel:

Back