Before and After Accident

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73' Mustang Hardtop- 302 2v V8
Just came across two pictures that happened to be side-by-side and really show how much different the car is after the accident. The body shop did a great job and the exterior is in great shape.

Though I hated the fact I had to wait a year to get my car back for something that was not my fault, I am kind of thankful that it did happen- after all, who doesn't like a free restoration?

BEFORE PIC- The day it came home to me two years before accident

Mustang_1__1413307618_90168.jpg

AFTER PIC-

Mustang__1413307925_18127.jpg

Love the shine it has, they couldn't match the color so I had a couple days home with a bunch of paint samples. Of course it was in the winter and there was no sunny day to bring them outside. So it was basically through my gut that I chose the color.

First let me be the first to congratulate you on stepping out of the "INTRODUCTION" pages and silent lurking to "have a conversation" with us!!!!

Now for the car.....wow they really did give you a free restoration and it looks beautiful. That is one of those colors that just pops with the new paint technology vs the 40 year old process. Congrats again!!!

First let me be the first to congratulate you on stepping out of the "INTRODUCTION" pages and silent lurking to "have a conversation" with us!!!!
Thanks, but I have good ninja skills so I'll be back to silent lurking. I really love forums and when I have time between classes I will pull them up and soak my brain with car stuff.

You really have a sweet ride. Honestly this is one car I can say looks better after an accident than before it. They seemed to do a very good job with your car. That's a rarity, especially if it's insurance/warranty work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW !!! THAT LOOKS SAWEEEET !!!! WHAT A RIDE AND SO CLEAN I'm not one for vinyl tops but on this color I am really digging it. Awesome Ride !

WOW !!! THAT LOOKS SAWEEEET !!!! WHAT A RIDE AND SO CLEAN I'm not one for vinyl tops but on this color I am really digging it. Awesome Ride !
Thanks! I am not crazy for vinyl tops either. That is the original factory top. I was going to have it ripped off, but I have grown attached to it. I think it makes the car stand out more. For some reason I can't picture the car without it.

Thanks! I am not crazy for vinyl tops either. That is the original factory top. I was going to have it ripped off, but I have grown attached to it. I think it makes the car stand out more. For some reason I can't picture the car without it.
I don't think you should rip it off seeming it is original to the car but it is all what you want to do to the car it will look great either way, how is the interior ?

I don't think you should rip it off seeming it is original to the car but it is all what you want to do to the car it will look great either way, how is the interior ?
The interior is all original besides the carpet. The car was in a garage for many years where mice got in. It smelt terrible so replacing the carpet was one of the first things we did.

I need new seat vinyl badly. Both seats have big rips in them. But I don't know if I should just get the vinyl or replace all the foam too. Super expensive.

895a2e8993f95232ae6c01425e630c14.jpg

The interior is all original besides the carpet. The car was in a garage for many years where mice got in. It smelt terrible so replacing the carpet was one of the first things we did.

I need new seat vinyl badly. Both seats have big rips in them. But I don't know if I should just get the vinyl or replace all the foam too. Super expensive.

When (not if) you decide to replace the seat covers and foam, you should look into the enhanced foam / seat covers that actually add more secure positioning and comfort with built up side bolsters. If you begin dropping a $20 into a job jar once a week, you may be ready next year.

It's not horrible and it is original so decent are you going to stick with the same color interior or change it up ?

I would be saving money for the car but I have to buy another car for the winter months, so I am saving for that.

I wanted to make the interior black so that way when I get a professional paint job I can choose any color I want. However, I really love the color already. I would like to say I will beekeeping it all original, but I have yet to see one of these cars in person with a black interior.

Future plans used to be

-remove vinyl top

-Black interior

-Ruby red paint (the dark red with flakes)

- Upgraded 302 (carb, intake, heads, headers, exhaust, cam, maybe transmission)

Do you guys think a rear spoiler would look bad on a coupe? What about a front spoiler? I feel like the black will match my hood scoop and grill.

Elizabeth73,

if you are looking for a very good Upholstery shop, I have had Great success with Carls Quality Auto Upholstery in Johnston, he replaced my vert top about 8 yrs ago, and he rebuilt my seats this year, thy came out great, I bought the material and he took it from there.

He had also done work on my brothers Beetle, and my friends fathers Hot rods custom interior.

he is very affordable, and will work with you on prices.

And if you go there let him know that Iyman with the Light blue 72 mustang referred you to him.

Carls Quality Auto Upholstery

11 South St, Johnston, RI 02919

Phone:(401) 232-5416

I would be saving money for the car but I have to buy another car for the winter months, so I am saving for that.

I wanted to make the interior black so that way when I get a professional paint job I can choose any color I want. However, I really love the color already. I would like to say I will beekeeping it all original, but I have yet to see one of these cars in person with a black interior.

Future plans used to be

-remove vinyl top

-Black interior

-Ruby red paint (the dark red with flakes)

- Upgraded 302 (carb, intake, heads, headers, exhaust, cam, maybe transmission)

Do you guys think a rear spoiler would look bad on a coupe? What about a front spoiler? I feel like the black will match my hood scoop and grill.
I would definitely go with black interior inside, and like you said black goes with everything. I also think a "dark red with flake" would look great. I think a rear spoiler and front spoiler would look sweet on your car and if not the front definitely on the rear. Do what you can do I'm in the same position with school and student loans so I understand funding issues completely.

the foam is what holds the smell in. sometimes you can wash the foam soap and water really get the dirt out and then let it dry for a week in a room with a dehumidifier and fan, however the foam might be falling apart and at that point you need the repop foam for the front seat.

the foam is what holds the smell in. sometimes you can wash the foam soap and water really get the dirt out and then let it dry for a week in a room with a dehumidifier and fan, however the foam might be falling apart and at that point you need the repop foam for the front seat.
The car doesn't smell anymore. When I first got it the carpet had mice droppings that gave the car a strange smell. However, ever since we replaced the carpet the car has not smelt bad. It is amazing what carpets hold. Especially when they are over forty years old

Back