New to forum .

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champney008

Reaction score
My Car
71 MACH 1 351C 4V RAM AIR
Hey 7173 members,

Looking to get some in site, knowledge, and a variety of opinions from fellow 71-73 Stang owners. A little about myself I am currently 23 years old My dad has been in car restoration for 15 years had a classic car business in Maine and been in construction for over 30. Growing up my dad has always had classics Mustang's, Fair lanes, Galaxy's and numerous others. He has instilled A FORD culture in me, but has also shown me that other Makes of Classics were Great cars as well. He's Had a 71 Mach 1 for years he bout back in 89 for $4,000 at a auction in Zephyrhills FL. I Loved this car ever since I was 6 or 7 when I turned 22 he signed the title to me and it's been sitting in a storage container for years!!! I knew it had to be at least 5 years since I heard it Run I immediately decided to get it up and running and restore it so my adventure with this beautiful Mustang starts. I look to everyone for their opinions as I post question and picture I am lucky enough to word at shop where I can do a lot of things myself and have great mechanics around me. I have started by taking the front end apart and powder coating it and sand blasting the frame applying new undercoat. By the way My Mustang is A 71 mustang Mach 1 Fastback 351 Cleveland 4 Barrel with Ram Air .

Last edited by a moderator:
20140919_093442.jpg20140919_093452.jpg

Hello from Rhode Island.

I too would love to see pictures, is that the car in your avatar pic?
not my pic in the avatar photo but similar I posted some pic's above . you're mustang is beautiful by the way love the hood !

Hey 7173 members,

Looking to get some in site, knowledge, and a variety of opinions from fellow 71-73 Stang owners. A little about myself I am currently 23 years old My dad has been in car restoration for 15 years had a classic car business in Maine and been in construction for over 30. Growing up my dad has always had classics Mustang's, Fair lanes, Galaxy's and numerous others. He has instilled A FORD culture in me, but has also shown me that other Makes of Classics were Great cars as well. He's Had a 71 Mach 1 for years he bout back in 89 for $4,000 at a auction in Zephyrhills FL. I Loved this car ever since I was 6 or 7 when I turned 22 he signed the title to me and it's been sitting in a storage container for years!!! I knew it had to be at least 5 years since I heard it Run I immediately decided to get it up and running and restore it so my adventure with this beautiful Mustang starts. I look to everyone for their opinions as I post question and picture I am lucky enough to word at shop where I can do a lot of things myself and have great mechanics around me. I have started by taking the front end apart and powder coating it and sand blasting the frame applying new undercoat. By the way My Mustang is A 71 mustang Mach 1 Fastback 351 Cleveland 4 Barrel with Ram Air .

[/quote

I live in Florida from 1983-March-June all over the sun coast then till June 1984 in the Ft Myers area till March 2003 in the Daytona. Enough time for my lifetime. Got my 72 conv then and bout to be at the end of restoration. See my photo album for a lot of good ideas for your restoration. Pp2-5 on the body and working side.

MIKKE

Welcome to the site from va! Looks like a awesome starting point for a great ride. What plans do you have for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote

I live in Florida from 1983-March-June all over the sun coast then till June 1984 in the Ft Myers area till March 2003 in the Daytona. Enough time for my lifetime. Got my 72 conv then and bout to be at the end of restoration. See my photo album for a lot of good ideas for your restoration. Pp2-5 on the body and working side.

MIKKE

Thanks a lot some great stuff in your albums, Ft. Myers very busy area lol... the stang looks gorgeous.

Really love the color scheme. If mine was a mach 1 black and red would have been my first thought.

You mentioned you are sand blasting and painting, will you keep the same color scheme?
That's still up for debate I'm not quite the "red" type of guy but it is a really great color on this car.... with so many possibilities of color schemes I'm looking into a dark charcoal with silver flakes but who knows how many times I'll change my mind till then lol !

20141007_123515.jpgSnapchat-20141003065740.jpgHere's a few photos of my before powder coating and after on the front end parts still have undercoating to do looking decent. Opinions ?

Welcome from CA!

You are a lucky guy having a shop backing you up bro

keep the photos coming you're off to a good start there with a nice car!
Yea defiantly lucky and sure will keep them coming as it goes along. That's a sweet ride you got yourself love the rims and the body with the spoiler looks awesome !

Back