Dynacorn Door Shell

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertable
302 v2 FMX 2.79 rear end
has anyone bought the Dynacorn Door Shell yet?

I'm wondering how they fit, how much work they need to fit properly.

I know they are $650+ before spending that, I want to know how good they are.

please share your info, I'm looking to replace my drivers side door soon, I have some old body work that is cracking, and it just needs to be replaces or re skin the door.

Haven't bought one yet, but subscribing to this message to see the results. I know Don @ OMS carries them.

I'm wanting to see Dynacorn offer just the skin to re-skin existing doors. That would help a lot also.

defiantly a cheaper plan, but if they have door shells, why not also offer the skins?
Because they need to recoup the tooling cost

Personally I would rather replace a whole door instead of skins. I have never dealt with just a damaged skin usually the lower is rusted to shit in my experience where the skin attachs to also.

defiantly a cheaper plan, but if they have door shells, why not also offer the skins?
I totally agree, I think once they recoup the tooling and engineering cost, I'm hoping it will drop down to the cost of the 60's mustang doors.

Don, do you have any good used door shells hanging around?

I totally agree, I think once they recoup the tooling and engineering cost, I'm hoping it will drop down to the cost of the 60's mustang doors.

Don, do you have any good used door shells hanging around?
I have some decent ones but nothing mint

On the door prices, keep in mind...

641/2 - 66 production 1,291,499 VS 71 - 73 production 409,638 That is the reason the door costs twice as much.

Don

I can hide and patch a lot on the shell but would rather not on the skins. I'm waiting patiently on skins because I have close to 3 pairs of rusty doors I could go through but simply don't want to have to deal with fixing the skins.

BTW - buyer beware. I scored a couple of doors on e-bay a couple of years ago that were really nice, rust free, already prepped for paint, tons of pictures, good talk with the owner on the phone about them etc. When I got them they were sent unsupported in a thin cardboard boxes and the edges and points were beat all to hell. I started an attempt to get my money back but the seller evaporated and UPS baulked sent me on a claims chase that ended repeatedly with endless shitty music while I sat on hold. So I put them on the bench to take some detail pictures to press the issue where I discovered, "rust free" meant they both had been stuffed all along the bottoms with about 10 lbs. of kitty hair then sanded to contour. I was so disheartened I just dropped it and ate them. I might think about fixing them if I had skins but the idea of grinding out 4-5 inches of kitty hair out of them kinda puts me off. Anyway, that is more of a lament on being careful when buying stuff than having skins. Turn my loss into your gain and ask the right questions when buying stuff that seems to good to be true.

Back