• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

73 Mustang Aluminum Wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
I have two 14" aluminum wheels on my '73 Mach I that I will not be using. If anyone is interested I can get pics and we can discuss price/shipping.

They are rough (oxidized, etc) but I think they would look good polished up with center caps. Either respond to the thread or PM if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in them. I have a set for my car but 1 is rough and it'd be nice to have a spare.

Those aren't like my factory slotted rims. Those are the slotted rims, but my factory rims have a machined ring around the face or the rim lip that's painted black.

like this:

mump_0811_09_z1973_mustang_convertible_wheelfront_view.jpg

Thanks for posting them. Ansen made a lot of similar wheels back then. I have a Mach 1 with those slotted rims, only they are 15 x 10's on the back

scan0002.jpg

Those aren't like my factory slotted rims. Those are the slotted rims, but my factory rims have a machined ring around the face or the rim lip that's painted black.

like this:

mump_0811_09_z1973_mustang_convertible_wheelfront_view.jpg
Hmmm. those wheels look familiar. That is a picture Jim Smart took of my car back in Nov. 2008 when he did an article about my car. check it out.

Wow! I just Googled 73 mustang factory slotted rims for a reference picture. I also went out to the garage and looked at mine to compare to make sure I remembered correctly.

Be careful buying used factory aluminum wheels because they use 14 inch aluminum wheels on Mavericks and Comet GT's because they have a small center hole. I know this because my sister owned a 1975 Comet GT with a V8 and it had factory aluminum wheels.

Be careful buying used factory aluminum wheels because they use 14 inch aluminum wheels on Mavericks and Comet GT's because they have a small center hole. I know this because my sister owned a 1975 Comet GT with a V8 and it had factory aluminum wheels.
Yep - bought a set and they didn't fit. Cougars are fairly plentiful and other than the center cap they are identical.

Who else thinks Mavericks Grabbers and Comets GT's are kind of cool?

- Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep - bought a set and they didn't fit. Cougars are fairly plentiful and other than the center cap they are identical.

Who else thinks Mavericks Grabbers and Comets GT's are kind of cool?

- Paul
I like the 302 Grabbers. Would not mind finding one. Saw one here a while back for $5k, probably should have bought it.

Back