At least there is a reason for the price

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Side pipes fully functional" - as opposed to what?

It also has round black tires much like a Ferrari and rearward looking mirrors just like a Porsche.
As opposed to just being stuck on the side of the car I suppose:)

I should have noticed those special tires and mirrors. That's where the real value of this car is.

Oh My, what a bargain! Did anyone notice that it is listed as an "F" code car? The Hurst shift lever is not period correct, the clutch pedal pad is for the wrong year and is installed upside down, and for me that's a deal breaker!!!

Travis

Oh My, what a bargain! Did anyone notice that it is listed as an "F" code car? The Hurst shift lever is not period correct, the clutch pedal pad is for the wrong year and is installed upside down, and for me that's a deal breaker!!!

Travis
I noticed the shifter. Not to worry about the clutch pad being upside down. For $85,000 he will turn it over for you. Anything less and you are on your own.

It's missing the expensive space saver spare tire and inflator canister. As Doug pointed out it's an "F" code car (302) not a 351 C. No 73's came with Ram Air (or Air Ram), the seats aren't leather, no cassette player, wheel centers faded, bolts rusted under hood. Right fender apron looks very wavy - like bodywork has been done, hood twist lock brackets flash rusted,shifter and boot, etc.

Just a couple of things noticed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Ram-Air was available in '73 on 351 2-V engines only.

If this car was an original 302 car, it may have come with a 3-speed manual trans.

If the engine was later changed to the 351, a 4-speed trans may have bden bolted up then. A simple change on an original 3-speed car.

Or...he could have just put a 4-speed knob on a 3-speed shifter!

Overall, I think it's a decent car. Not $85K decent, but decent. I'm guessing that since he (or she) noted that it's an Arizona car, it hasn't been in his or her possesion for long, and they're trying to do a "Gas Monkey" flip and haven't a clue what they really have. It's a Mustang after all, it must be worth big bucks!

Back