New to forum, first time mustang owner

temaca0429@yahoo.com

Hey forum, I am a new member and now own my first mustang. It is a 71 coupe. It originally had the 351W in it, but my mechanic's father had built up a Cleveland 4V and dropped it in 20 years ago. I am quite ecstatic as it has all the options I wanted, ps, pw, pl, a/c, etc. IMO everyone and their mothers own 64.5-70's. We are a special breed that prefer to be more unique and own 71-73's. I can't wait to get more pics posted and learn all kinds of info on this forum.

p.s. she does need some TLC and I have some time and some money, finally a great project.

1688909317_351c4v.thumb.jpg.10c90d03a8a4dabe5a9f5e152e69e346.jpg670206240_frontdriversideview.thumb.jpg.8cb05117950a1d9900da3de6247eda61.jpg375374727_keystonewheels.thumb.jpg.28d67b5fa0639e2a4860d8c25158e2f7.jpg872244886_rearpassengersideview.thumb.jpg.ca0bf02c4551499a20d36becfe2f8bd7.jpg1738360174_mystang.jpg.2ed20594283a73c4880464f8f0acff92.jpg

Welcome from TriCities WA. Keep us updated on your progress in the build thread.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Hi welcome to the bad to the bone mustang club. 71-73 mustangs are the nicest early mustang to drive. 71-73 mustangs can take any engine you desire. 302,351W,351C,429,460, and I haven't seen one my self but the new 302 Boss overhead cam engine probably will fit.

My 73 MACH 1 has a 460in it and Its like driving a luxury rocket ship.

Welcome and congratulations from Detroit!. Looks like you have a great project and a ton of energy. I'm a newbie too but have already come to love this site and the advice members give out so freely. It's a goldmine!

Nigel B

1972 Mach 1 Cobra Jet 4 speed

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. Nice project you've got there. You're definitely in the right place for all things related to 71 - 73 Mustangs. Glad to have you here!

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Welcome from Rhode Island.

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

Welcome from eastern Tennessee! ::welcome::

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Welcome from Denmark :)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Just one thing: Unless it´s a car made in (for?) Mexico, I doubt that it had a 351 Windsor originally.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Hey forum, I am a new member and now own my first mustang. It is a 71 coupe. It originally had the 351W in it, but my mechanic's father had built up a Cleveland 4V and dropped it in 20 years ago. I am quite ecstatic as it has all the options I wanted, ps, pw, pl, a/c, etc. IMO everyone and their mothers own 64.5-70's. We are a special breed that prefer to be more unique and own 71-73's. I can't wait to get more pics posted and learn all kinds of info on this forum.

p.s. she does need some TLC and I have some time and some money, finally a great project.

welcome from a one time and last time mustang owner unless i become rich. Haha. Welcome from latrobe PA. HOPE you are reading everyones comments to the newbys on this site. As my fingers are numb in my custo comments to them while typing in the past couple of hours and quite late in the nite/morn bu to sa.y look into what you want on the long term early and to figure you will not see a big value no matter what you spend for your personal satisfaction and gratification compared to the older and new shelbys but I LIKE MINE AND GOT TO FIGURE THAT WITH 400 PICS ON MY PHOTO ALBUM AND 18 IMAGES TO VIEW ALL ANGLES OF MINE SCHEDULED TO BE FOR MARCH COTM 2015 caledar. Worked on since got it in 03 ciao MIKKE

looks like my post did not go through so all to say for now at after 2AM is see my 400 pic photo album and MARCH 2015 COTM FOR A GOOD MOTIVATOR MIKKE FROM LATROBE PA WELCOME

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

PW???? :whistling: be VERY careful!!!!

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

• 1 month later...

::welcome::I guess I can not beat the condition you received it but hope you do not have to go through the agony of 10plus years I went through in getting mine restored, upgraded, modded, destroyed and done all over between this and that garage in Western PA as I have experienced though. Though it appears in decent shape, still a real enlightenment to see, if you look on my photo album of some 300 photos of the 'bio' of a real managery it went through to present but it almost completed and road ready to my liking. I hope. Mikke
1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png