Build:71 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champney008

Reaction score
My Car
71 MACH 1 351C 4V RAM AIR
Been working the front suspension taking out all the old parts sandblasting and powder coating them. Got all new bushings and upper/ lower ball joints just last night finished wire wheeling the frame to apply undercoat it looks great ! Now just waiting on the new shocks to come it to put it all back together . Will post pics later tonight .

Hi there. I need to do the same on the suspension on my 72 Mach 1. What bushes and which shocks did you go for. I've been considering poly bushes but have read mixed things about them on here and other places. I have poly bushes on another car (non Mustang) that I've been using back home in Europe for 7 years without any issue. Fitting them right first is key.

Been working the front suspension taking out all the old parts sandblasting and powder coating them. Got all new bushings and upper/ lower ball joints just last night finished wire wheeling the frame to apply undercoat it looks great ! Now just waiting on the new shocks to come it to put it all back together . Will post pics later tonight .
If you are going with KYB shocks this may not help, but if you put Monroes on it they have a Buy3 Get 1 Free event right Now. Google Monroe SHOCKTOBER promotion. That's what I bought.

quote=nbracken;200170]

Hi there. I need to do the same on the suspension on my 72 Mach 1. What bushes and which shocks did you go for. I've been considering poly bushes but have read mixed things about them on here and other places. I have poly bushes on another car (non Mustang) that I've been using back home in Europe for 7 years without any issue. Fitting them right first is key.

20141007_123409[1].jpg

1413512169367[1].jpg

1413514619685[1].jpg

1413570507328[1].jpg

20141007_123409[1].jpg

quote=nbracken;200170]

I used energy suspension bushing which are the entire front kit ran 85$ on (CARID.COM) I also got new (MOOG) ball joints upper and lower through advance auto.

If you are going with KYB shocks this may not help, but if you put Monroes on it they have a Buy3 Get 1 Free event right Now. Google Monroe SHOCKTOBER promotion. That's what I bought.

Yea I had seen that Monroe was doing the "SHOCKTOBER" promo, I went with KYB though, I have a few buddies with KYB and have had nothing but great things to say so I went with their reviews. How do you like the Monroe's ?

1413570526717[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i finally had QA1 18 level adjustable shocks w/coils over in the front and Koni Classics in the rear.

Not sure what is in that Energy suspension kit, but if it is polyurethane, I'd rethink. The bushings on these style suspensions are intended to have some flex and give. I broke two strut rods using poly strut rod bushings. After installing the rubber, I discovered it actually had a better ride.

Not sure what is in that Energy suspension kit, but if it is polyurethane, I'd rethink. The bushings on these style suspensions are intended to have some flex and give. I broke two strut rods using poly strut rod bushings. After installing the rubber, I discovered it actually had a better ride.
Thanks very much.

Back