Slam!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kit Sullivan

I really, really HATE IT when people get out of my cars ( especially the Mustang and my truck) and think they have to SLAM THE F'N DOOR!

I am in the habit of always telling them "don't slam the door" as they get out, but they still do.

Granted, the doors ard big and heavy but they only need a gentle push.

Arrgghhh....:(

I really, really HATE IT when people get out of my cars ( especially the Mustang and my truck) and think they have to SLAM THE F'N DOOR!

I am in the habit of always telling them "don't slam the door" as they get out, but they still do.

Granted, the doors ard big and heavy but they only need a gentle push.

Arrgghhh....:(
I agree 100%
I have the same issue...Mustang, Ram, Equinox...everyone seems to love to slam the door! It is not necessary, people...LOL! A gentle push is sufficient.

I can't stand it either. Usually I say hey look.. Then proceed to show them I can shut the door and it will latch with little or even no extra force but the force of the weight of the door. You have to wonder what the engineers did to test the door latches to make sure they hold up to the slammers!

The only option you have (in my opinion) is to bring up the subject immediately and tell them to lightly push to door to get it to latch. Let them know how important it is to you before they get out of the vehicle. Since the "don't slam the door" comment is not working - make it more of an important topic of discussion while in the car. If they don't get it after that - don't let them in your car again. I don't care who they are.

Sometimes when the windows are down it takes much less effort to shut the doors. When windows are up it usually takes more effort.

Good luck!

Ray

Mine need a good bit of juice to seal properly, I guess I need to adjust?

Yeah - no kidding. None of my cars (except the Jeep when the hard doors are on) have ever needed to be slammed. Gets right on my last damn nerve. :mad:

Back