New from Washington

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csgt428

Reaction score
My Car
72 "R" Mach I
72 "Q" Vert C-6
70 "J" Cobra C-6 drag pac
70 "Q" Mach 4-sp
69 "R" Mach C-6 drag pac
69 "R" Cobra FG C-6 4-sale
68 "S" CSGT 4-sp
66 GT 350 Tribute 450 HP stroker HOo HA!
Have some more but that's enough for now....
Hi all. Was happy to find this Forum! I was trying to find info on my 72's as I move forward with (more correct) restorations and came upon this site. Not a lot out there on the 72 "R" code :huh:

summer 2013 022.JPG

summer 2013 030.JPG

Hi all. Was happy to find this Forum! I was trying to find info on my 72's as I move forward with (more correct) restorations and came upon this site. Not a lot out there on the 72 "R" code :huh:
You have an R code convertible? If so :udaman:

Welcome from Oklahoma.

If it is indeed a 1972 R code convertible, it is one of 13.

2F03Rxxxxxx vin

(You probably already knew that... :))

Edit- Now that I am on my computer I see the 72 conv is a Q code - also very rare! :)

Ray

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Wow! Nice convertible!
Thanks, I had to have one after seeing one coming at me from a distance...thinking to myself "man, that car is low and wide, looks MEAN"

You have an R code convertible? If so :udaman:
I wish! Had a chance to get one a long time ago in Spokane WA. but they wanted more than I had....

No it's a "Q" code, actually rarer (according to my Marti) than the "R" code Mach I have! You can check the Marti's for both where I registered them here.

Welcome from Denmark.. :) Beautiful car you have there !
Thanks, glad to be here

Thanks to ALL the "welcome" posts!

Looks like there is some confusion.....I have two 72's, a "Q" code convertible and an "R" code Mach....sorry for that

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Grant, from a fellow CS and R code (1971) owner. Is the R code finished yet?

(and I saw the R code convertible many years ago in person. I doubt it was real because it looked like the inner fender VIN's had been cut from another car and welded in to that one. Not a very good job at it either, so don't sweat losing a chance at it.)

Steve

(Post Falls)

Welcome Grant, from a fellow CS and R code (1971) owner. Is the R code finished yet?

(and I saw the R code convertible many years ago in person. I doubt it was real because it looked like the inner fender VIN's had been cut from another car and welded in to that one. Not a very good job at it either, so don't sweat losing a chance at it.)

Steve

(Post Falls)
Hey Steve! :) We have to quit meeting like this! You saw it too hey. Wasn't it PINK or some such thing??:dodgy: No the 72 "R" isn't done yet.... though I did get it painted. I think I posted some pics under the "where did you find your 71-2-3. Check it out. I just found this site today and have been busily posting anywhere I could...Ha Ha

Welcome from TriCities, what city are you in?
Hi jbojo, Clarkston
A couple of hours drive. If you are in the area be sure to let me know.
Will do.... I occasionally get over there if I see a particularly tasty car to check out and possibly buy.

Welcome from eastern Tennessee! ::welcome::
Thanx Ron, I'm already loving the site!

::welcome:: from Bundaberg Australia
Hey Luke, I have my share of vices....--hic,... hic ;), tahks foe the weelcom, wait,.. wait,.. what's happened to my spelling??

I may be headed down south to Australia/New Zealand this winter as I've saved up a gazillion miles on my Alaska Airlines credit card. I'm an Alaska, Bristol Bay commercial fisherman and get a lot of time off to, Hic*, hic*...Travel and work on my cars. I've got a place in Costa Rica also if you'd like to visit this winter...OH, that's right it'll be summer there! Come any ways.... WAIT! I don't even know you...

Dang! I just realized the "vices" thing was in your signature... You weren't referring to me at all. I thought you had just read my post in the "where did you find your 7173" thread. Oh well, It's to late now.....

Back